In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Last of the Mohicans Question?

elmos608elmos608 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I just picked up The Last of the Mohicans on DVD and had a question. Does anyone know that type of weapon the old man use's in movie. It looks like some type of wood board with a spike in it. I pretty sure it's not any type of tomahawk, but I not sure. Any frontier guys or Native American's now what I'm talking about?

Last of the Mohicans has to be one of my favorite fight movies. It has some of the most brutal action sequences and I love the soundtrack.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is usually called a war club. Different tribes and even individuals had a lot of different versions depending upon what was available or what suited their fancy. It is somewhat like a tomahawk, but useful only for fighting.
  • Options
    elmos608elmos608 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HeDog
    thanks for the help. I never thought to think about the term warculb. Duh, it makes sense. I did a quick search and found the specific name, its called a gunstock warclub, because of the shape of the gun stock. Duh, again!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elmos608....Do you mean the club that Chingachgook, the
    American Indian was using? In asking for info from a "Native American" do you mean someone who was born here? Don't get me started.

Mudge the 12th generation American

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too, Mudge. My ancestors came here from France 300 years ago but if anyone calls me a Franco-American ya got a fight on yer hands.

PC=BS
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Franco-American used to make a pretty fair can of spaghetti before Chef Boy-Ar-Dee put a hurtin' on 'em.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.