In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

which ammo?

tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I'm looking for suggestions on ammo that will meet the following criteria.#1 weapon: AR-9 (9mm), range: point blank to 50 yards, maximum accuracy and/with knockdown power.#2 weapon: S&W Model 410 (.40), range: point blank to 20 yards, maximum knockdown without pentration.#3 weapon: Taurus PT111 (9mm) range: point blank to 10 yards, maximum accuracy and knockdown#4 weapon: S&W Mod 10-6 (.38) range: point blank to 20 yards, maximum knockdown without penetration.

Comments

• Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did a lot of 22 plinkin waaay back as akid and getting back in the game with a few handguns. What are the good ammo name brands and what shi* should I stay away from? Mostly 38/357 and some 9mm or .40.and some thing special for my night table :) Also what is the general price ranges- thanks for your input
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll assume that when you say "without penetration" you mean without "over-penetration".I have not tested the rounds in any of the arms you list, but have been extremely satisfied with "frangible" rounds in handguns. Glaser is good but expensive; Triton makes a "Frangible" (sintered copper) that I really like in 9mm; I've just bought some of Aguila's "IQ" alloy 45 and 9mm rounds which I have yet to test.Bullets that "break-up" on impact are the only sure way of avoiding over-penetration and giving maximum energy transfer to the target, although good hollow points can be effective--in hollow points in 9mm I like Corbon's 115gr +P.
  • Options
    PARAshooterPARAshooter Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bullets that are in the Triton loads are a made by Sinterfire of Kersey PA. They are available as components if you hand load also. I'm not positive but I think I heard Triton and Sinterfire broke off the deal but like I said I'm not positive.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Nothing like a good JHP 115gr 9mm+Punless of course its a JHP 125gr .357 mag.