In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Clerk Killed After Giving Robber Cash

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Clerk Killed After Giving Robber Cash Friday, September 7, 2001 http://www.sltrib.com/09072001/utah/129888.htm A convenience store clerk was shot and killed Thursday night after he complied with a robber's demands, police said. At about 7:20 p.m., a man entered the Sunshine Food Mart, at 1845 S. 700 East, Salt Lake City, brandished a handgun and demanded money. The clerk, identified only as a male, opened the register and gave the robber an undisclosed amount of money, said Salt Lake police Sgt. Fred Louis. The robber then shot the clerk. "It's a brutal crime," Louis said. "The clerk complied. He didn't show any resistance." It appeared as though the clerk suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper torso, Louis said. The victim was found about 15 minutes later by a customer at the store. Police reported a surveillance tape recorded the entire incident. The business is family owned, but Louis was unsure if the clerk were a member of the family. Police described the gunman as a male, about 5-feet 7-inches tall. He fled the scene of foot. -- Jacob Santini

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a tragedy.I must admit I felt the description was a little vague ... I'm male and 5'7" ... but it wasn't me ... Honest!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Now if the crime had happened in Washington State, by the way he was described, it'd be a safe bet the killer was some variety of racial minority.When crimes are committed by white people, on the news they always give a complete description of the suspect, including the skin color.When committed by a minority, all you get is height, weight, approximate age and sometimes a description of what they were wearing.So if the reporter says, "male, 5'7'', 175 lbs....what they really mean is ...Black male, or Hispanic male, or Asian male, or even Native American male...but not white male. If it was a white male they'd have said so.Political correctness is a wonderful thing, ain't it?