In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

0311 Marine/ Lowrider ??

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Did another one of my searches for possibly suitable places to move. What can you guys tell me about Bremerton, Sequim. or Port Townsend??

Bev really wants to go south, and we probably will. Still I've always loved the pacific northwest. Besides I bet you guys got more salmon and trout than they do down south!(one of my great loves)

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    WOODSRUNNER I LIKE PORT TOWNSEND IT IS PRETTY BEUTIFUL THERE.IF YOU EVER WANT TO DO A CLOSER SEARCH AND LOOK AROUND AND HOP A FLIGHT OVER HERE. MY DOOR IS ALWAYS WELCOME.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Bremerton is a little on the gritty side with higher crime than the surrounding area. The Naval shipyards there just give it a little more of the big city problems. Still a good place to live. Just a few miles down the beach from Bremerton is Port Orchard and I'd much rather live there.

Sequim is very beautiful and has the least rain of anywhere else in western Washington. There's a "rain shadow" over Sequim that's created by the Olympic mountains. All the rain clouds just pass right over. The Olympic National Rain Forest is right next door and is a natural wonder.

Port Townsend is a great small town with lots of things to do year 'round. Pretty jammed-up with tourists in the summer but still a great town.

None of these three cities offer much in the way of employment so they wouldn't be a good place to live if you're looking for work. If you're retired they'd be great.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.