In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Geraldo carrying concealed in Afghanastan,but he tried not to admit it

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
You would not believe an interview I saw him give Larie Dew on Fox news.He was explaining how dangerous it is for reporters over there and Laurie asked him if he was carrying a gun Geraldo said"UHM,do I have to answer that?" to which the interviewer asked,"Not if you don't want to".To which he says "Would you blame me if I was?",Laurie,"Does that mean yes you are armed?"To which Geraldo finally answers"Ok,how about I just nod?" It amazes me how he could not just fess up and admit he was carrying because he feared for his safety.I guess it took reporters in his area getting murdered for him to realize the safety of being armed.Kind of blows away his whole agenda huh?

Comments

• Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lets ask John McCain to go over there as some kind of liason or something fitting, and see if he changes his views on such ideas....
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He reported the other night that his news crew has hired around 40 Afgan body guards with AK's to protect them while they travel. In all fairness, I've never cared for him, but this might be the good healthy dose of reality that could change his views of the world forever.....after all, David Horowitz was once a flaming Liberal Democrat, Ronald Reagan, Charlton Heston, Phil Gramm were all Democrats that switched to being conservative....
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rem,You might be too optimistic--he's one of those "Don't do what I do, do what I tell you to do" liberals; you know, the "politcal elite" mentality.Some little old lady in a rough part of town wants a gun to protect herself--he'll say, "No way!" But if it's his skin (or somebody's whom he considers "important") that's at risk, then guns are just fine.
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guns for hire huh? lets see where that will take things......
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, Geraldo isn't the liberal that he makes himself out to be. He's carried for years, and he takes his dogs, Dobermans, I believe for walks in Central Park late at night hunting muggers, has for many years. How do I know? I ain't telling you. Look at the guy's face, Geez, he's been through the wringer a few times, but I bet his knuckles look worse. He has to pose as a liberal to keep his job. John Stossel doesn't pretend, but then, he's not getting paid near what Rivera is, is he??
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comp.,I agree totally,in the interview it was killing Geraldo to admit that he was armed.Yet no one would blame him for carrying for his safety.I'll bet once he gets back to the states nothing will change he will still push the anti-gun,media elite liberal agenda."Do as I say not as I do" is his mantra.
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He reminds me too much of Rosie O'Donnell, a talentless, ugly, hypocrite.
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorite show he did was the Al Capone fiasco. When the dig came up empty he just walked off disgusted instead of finishingin a professional manner.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Yeah, what a great example of journalistic excellence was that Al Capone vault fiasco.Rivera, yelling at the operator of a skid-steer Bobcat loader: "Bring that bulldozer in here."What a fool.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.