In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm crying, somebody give me a boost

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
After getting out of the shower I wandered to the mirror, grabbed up the razor and went to work. Shaving away and turning here and there to get a good look at what I was doing when all of a sudden I saw it. I GOT A BALD SPOT STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GETTING OLD[:(!][V][V][V][V][V][V][V] This can't be happening, I'm only 33, my hair can't be falling out. Why me?!?!

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Man, don't worry. Lots of cool folks are bald... look at Avery Brooks (Hawk from "Spenser for Hire")! And then look at him with hair... dude looked like a kid.

Same with Patrick Stewart or Yul Brynner.

Chow Yun Fat looked way cooler bald in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" than he did in "Bulletproof Monk" where he had hair.

Even Sigourney Weaver kicked all kinds of @$$ in "Alien3," and she didn't have any hair either.

So, assuming that spot is indeed a harbinger of things to come, don't sweat it. You'll be in cool company.[;)]
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He used a girl to describe what I have to look forward to, WWWAAAAAHHHHHH

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm bald by choice -- much less hassle. Go ahead and shave it all off. Then YOU'RE in control. But if you still think you're getting too old then you can send me your guns and hit the rocking chair :)
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

You'll be in cool company.

Don't forget Danny DeVito.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Last year, for the heck of it, I shaved my head (full head of hair). I was 58 years old. I liked it better, but it was a hassle to keep it shaved off, so I let it grow back. Most people who know me said I looked better shaved. I wear a beard and I think I looked very intimidating with a shaven head and a full beard.

Strangers also reacted to me in completely different ways than they do with my hair grown out.

It was really an interesting experiment.

If I ever start to go bald, I'll just shave it all off.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    I shaved it all off once and I looked like a dweeb! I keep it short and close but I don't want that big shiner back there!!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could color it in with a marker. Or perhaps the infamous comb-over?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Put some shoe polish on it.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How 'bout the "hair in a can"?

I keep mine trimmed too short to notice a bald spot! [:I]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Alright nut, get a grip and follow this advice. I am 33 as well, started to go at 29 and I, a headbanger who used to have hair down to the midddle of my back when I was a kid, was not happy.Here's what I didand here's what you must do. SHAVE IT OFF. But here's the key, GROW A GOATEE, ala Stone Cold Steve Austin.[:D] No one will say your a dweeb. And you get MUCH better customer service at the bank if you can make your eyes bug out too [:D]

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This might help .I had a small bald spot starting when I was 16 now i'm 23 and boy if i could only post a pic ...the top of my hair line almost touches my bald "patch" I figure about three more years and i'll have nothing left... guess all this means is bald don't make you old ,but you are still bald. TIM
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Lonnie
    I don't think you are going to get much sympathy from the crew you saw at Harrisburg!!!Hair ain't nothing but another high cost option.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • robjacksrobjacks Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Consider your self cool,there are some very sexy men these days completely bald......Watch country videos there all bald under them there hats[8D][:)][:D][:I]
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Major bummer........

Man, I ain't hanging with you no more. I don't wanna look old too.

I'm 65 and have more hair than you and it's STILL brown, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Isn't it the result of too much testosterone?[:D]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in the dictionary under the word "bald" you will find a picture of OUTDOORTEXAS right next to it!

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hair does not make the man!!

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bald people are funny.
    Whenever I feel down about my appearance, I just look at a bald person. The sight of a baldy always makes me realize that know matter how bad I look, I aint ever going to look like a cue ball.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Lonnie, you see what all that thinking will do to you?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going to get a cut today. Damn hair, grows so fast. Hairdressor says she has never seen such thick hair. Told her I would be bald at 50..not a chance. Not one gray one either. If I knew why it would be patented.
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just don't see a problem with hair loss or getting odler[}:)] I am living with both and now that I am older and retired I get to spend more time at the range[:D][:D]Just think in another 32years you can also[;)]
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    X-Ring Salzo!!!! From a long ago biology class I thought I was taught that male pattern baldness was inherited from the maternal grandfather. In my case that means a full head of hair into my 90's. I tease my son because his maternal grandfather went bald in his 30's. Life can just be so unfair....can you see the tears welling up in my eyes? Neither can I. Beach
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beahmaster- I didnt know that. But that info explains the situation in my family. My mothers father had a wonderful head of hair. My fathers father had that balding everywhere except the sides thing going on. My 3 brothers and I all have the most gorgeous heads of hair imaginable-our heads are the envy of cue balls everywhere.[:p][:p]
    I always wondered why not one of us got the bald gene from my dads side.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know what they say,
    Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow! [:D] [:D] [8D]
    You can use Propecia and Rogaine together for double the protection.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Get a new HAT.[:p][:p]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the class of distinguished looking gentlemen.[8D]

All the women you pass will be thinking "Is that man really a truck dirver or a college professor doing some field research".[:o)]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Yeah, just start a cool hat collection and carrying a merchaum pipe, a sweater with patches on the elbows and a book that no one has ever read. If anyone ever says something you don't understand just say,"Interesting, I'll have to consider that." Then stick the pipe in your mouth and get out of there quick. You could get a job teaching at a liberal arts college then.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beachmaster73
    X-Ring Salzo!!!! From a long ago biology class I thought I was taught that male pattern baldness was inherited from the maternal grandfather. In my case that means a full head of hair into my 90's. I tease my son because his maternal grandfather went bald in his 30's. Life can just be so unfair....can you see the tears welling up in my eyes? Neither can I. Beach

didn't work that way in my family. all the men on dads side are bald even the ones that married into the family. My dad and older brother were bald by the time they were 25 I made it to about 33 befor i could see a thin spot I will probably shave it off I just realized I'm starting to look like galliger now.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe made me shave mine[V] No real bald spots but very thin. People do treat you diferent. And I have noticed that women do seem to like it[;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't worry so much about going bald. The general progression of head-hair is to migrate south as you age, in a retreating fashion. Expect to see it move down your neck and over your back in formation throughout the next few years, and ultimately south to crowd the crack. Don't forget about the lazy retreaters that will take shelter in your ears either. Your hair is not falling out, it's surrendering.

But, to look like Brinner or Stewart wouldn't be bad at all.
    My wife happens to like me bald, albeit mine is voluntary. I still have a babyface of sorts, so she says I look like an intimidating 12yr old. [:)]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Remember. God only made so many perfect heads. All the rest of them he covered with hair.[}:)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Lonnie, Post title, "I'm crying....", details....getting out of shower, looking in mirror.....some of us thought you might be having real inferiority problems!!! [:D][:D][:D]GHD
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a full head of hair at 54. My maternal grandfather had what Mom indelicately has called "toilet seat" hair. He got a bad toupee, as I recall, to keep his head from sunburning on the tractor (supposedly). She says I got my hair from -- granddad's BROTHER, my great uncle. I sure have a lot of hair, so it must be true.

I thought I was getting a bald spot a few years ago but it turned out to be just a new cowlick. The hair is still here. So there is hope for you guys with balding granddads. [;)]

Don't forget Vin Diesel. He seems to get girls. [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell you what,I'll swap my hair for your age?
    [:)][:D][8D][:p][}:)][;)][^]

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Other than MPB,(male pattern baldness) the biggest cause of baldness?.....CAPS, HATS, whatever you call them..
    The cap rubs the hair breaking it off...next thing is elastic..they break the hair....
    How many of you have taken off the cap at the end of the day only to find the whole outline of the cap in the hair?...well wherever that cap rubs, the hair breaks off...
    Solution?...dont wear one...

There have been a number of studies done on the "cap theory"...One even went as far as men wearing the caps, then at the end of the day, running their hands thru the hair grabbing whatever was there...the broken hair comes off in the hands while the other stays on the head...Might want to try and see ...if you are getting shorter pieces of hair, then the cap is to blame I guess..

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:the biggest cause of baldness?.....
    Women!!!!! [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Its ok ayt least ya made it to 30 im 21 and going bald. so last thursday night i helped mother nature along and shaved it now im one bad * looking dude

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    I used to pick on bald guys and say it would never happen to me, now look at what happened[V]

As far as the ladies liking it, I'm happily married and I have to say (to protect myself) that I don't care what the other women think of how I look[:D]

I do like the hat collection idea.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 26 years old with a massive receding hairline. If that isnt bad enough I noticed quite a few gray hairs the other day. For me it isnt a matter of going bald or gray, it is just which will get there first.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "GRASS DON'T GROW ON A BUSY STREET" [;)] it runs in my family and i am just waiting for my turn[:0]

use_deer.jpg
    firemen-flag-0912011.jpg