In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hi Cap Mags

AppliedApplied Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Is it legal to use Hi Cap mags in new guns that come with a 10 round mag or do you need a gun that was manufactured before the ban.

Comments

• AppliedApplied Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How could you find out which states have the 10 round law? Looking to sell a few off but don't want to violate any laws[:D]
  • AppliedApplied Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shouldn't a guy be buying them up? Or is there just to many around? Was in a couple stores today and there is quite a few 30rnd ar 15 in stock... With obummer bs with gun control if think they would be selling out fast
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only the hi cap mags must be pre-ban. If you own some, you can use them in new guns as a matter of law.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What OFFEROR said is 100% correct, But i will add to that fact
    as long as you dont ALTER the gun in anyway to accept one.

use_deer.jpg
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    now that "do not alter the gun to accept" got my attention. What about my preban 10 round fixed box magaizine in my Yugo SKS. I might want to get one of those detachable 30 round mags. Is that a problem?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."