In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fire U 4 No Reason!

2»

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many that disagree with the concept of firing witout reason would quit a job without true justification just for more money? Same thing but with the shoe on the other foot. Don

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    How many that disagree with the concept of firing witout reason would quit a job without true justification just for more money? Same thing but with the shoe on the other foot. Don

Most employees are only trying to make an hourly/weekly paycheck to take home to the family. large and small companies have the same goal in addition to wanting to grow large enough (without more employees that is impossible) to become a wealthy entity. There is nothing wrong with all this as long as everyone gets treated fairly, honestly, in a fairly predictable manner, and with dignity.

There is no comparsion to an hourly employee quitting their job for more money (or no reason at all) as being the same as the employer firing the employee for no reason at all.

Most employers having their hourly employee quit for no reason would be like a a fly biting an elephant.

Most hourly employees suddenly being fired for no reason would be like the elephant stomping the fly into the ground.

No comparsion at all.

4lizad
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Posted by Mpolans:
    quote:
    I disagree. Outside of a communist society where some central planning group decides how you should work, each person has a great deal of freedom to choose their profession. Here in the US, we have the right to decide to choose a new, different profession if we don't like the choice we made. What most of us don't get is a free lunch. Our decisions have consequences. You just have to live with the consequences of your decision. If your options are limited because you are afraid of the consequences, that's life.

You shouldn't have to live in a communist society to think that workers and employers should all try their best to treat each other with honesty, respect, fairness and, when possible, compassion.

In regards to the red highlighted, that is like an employer firing an employee for no good reason and then adding something like "I just did you a favor. Now you can exercise your right to chose a new, different profession".

quote:

posted by Mpolans
    This is true...and each should have the flexibility to decide what job, who they manage, and what customers/clients they choose to pursue.

Society would not function if every single person was an employer. Some have to be the employees. It is naive to act like the employer and employee are on an equal footing in the employer-employee relationship. So employees deserve assured fair, honest and predicateable treatment.

4lizad