In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

59/66............59..........which is which???

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What are the differences in the two Yugos???

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    C'mon somebody must know!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, this comes straight from my friend Paval, a former officer of the Yugoslavian Army, who now resides in Macedonia on beautiful Lake Ochrid. The first version of the SKS carbine produced in Yugoslavia at the state run arms factory Zastava and was a near carbon copy of the Soviet SKS. Since these rifles often lacked Cyrillic markings many were exported widely to Soviet client states who used the Roman alphabet. In 1966 the standard SKS was updated with the now trademark grenade launcher and flip up grenades sight thus earning it the designation 59/66.

Mark T. Christian
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    dang! Once again someone beats me to it in regards to providing the correct answer.[:)]Javascript:insertsmilie('[:)]')

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."