In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Advice on Romanian AK WASR-10 from Aimsurplus????

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm trying to get into the game so many other people are into. I need an AK-47. Does anyone know what quality the aimsurplus.com Romanian AK WASR-10 7.62x39 at $279.95 rifle is? I can't afford to buy junk because as with most people I have limited funds.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    The WASR-10 was originally produced to be a 10 shot version of the SAR-1, hence the 10 in WASR-10. The rifle you are referring to is the WASR-10 Hi-cap. This is a WASR-10 that has had it's magazine well cut out to the exact dimensions of the SAR-1's mag well or any other AK-47 for that matter. Both the SAR-1 and WASR-10's main components are made by ROMARM of Romania. Last but not least the WASR-10's have the goofy "draganov" style rear buttstocks which are generally not like by the masses. $279.00 dealer is correct on the WASR-10's but for an extra $20.00 have you dealer get you the SAR-1, you will like it much better.[:)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the SAR-1.
    I heard that Century Arms can no longer import pistol grip AK's.
    I don't remember where I read that, it might be the AWRM forum.
    Or it might have been in someones ad.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    interstatepawnllc: I would like to follow your advice and buy from a KS dealer who is also a GB.com person, but unfortunetley such a person got mad at me and blew the deal.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    There are many dealers in KS who will gladly sell to you for 10% over cost. A gun show dealer might even sell you one for even less, that is if you don't insult him.

JC

edited November -1
    it is not my nature to purposely insult any decent person. If I accidently insult anyone I can only hope that they will show the same tolerance to me that must have been shown to them WHEN THEY ACCIDENTLY INSULTED SOMEONE. Because it seems from time to time we all happen to accidently insult someone. But surely we have the good sense to tell the difference from an intentional insult from an accidental insult.

edited November -1
    Fair enough.

JC

edited November -1
    Thank you for the come-back and thanks for the good advice on the WASR-10 as it looks like I needed to know that.