In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Potential Legislation on Wyoming Gun Laws

The Scarlet PumpernickelThe Scarlet Pumpernickel Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in General Discussion
The Wyoming legislature is considering two laws that would drastically change gun laws in the state.

Representative Becket Hinckley of Cheyenne is planning to sponsor a bill that would allow people to carry a concealed weapon without going through the application process.

Two other legislators are sponsoring a measure that would make Wyoming a "no retreat" state.

That means people wouldn't have to try to get away from an attacker before using deadly force.

The bill would also let people assume that anyone breaking into their home is a deadly threat.

That would essentially make intruders fair game for armed homeowners.

Comments

• Options
    JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Write your Representatives and "Push them Onward!!!"
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by The Scarlet Pumpernickel
    The Wyoming legislature is considering two laws that would drastically change gun laws in the state.

Representative Becket Hinckley of Cheyenne is planning to sponsor a bill that would allow people to carry a concealed weapon without going through the application process.

Two other legislators are sponsoring a measure that would make Wyoming a "no retreat" state.

That means people wouldn't have to try to get away from an attacker before using deadly force.

The bill would also let people assume that anyone breaking into their home is a deadly threat.

X-RING!!
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to spend a day in Cheyenne going from Estes Park to Sturgis every August. My first trip in the early '80's, walking around downtown, I couldn't believe how many folks (men and women alike) had a revolver on their hip. It was like walking through a time warp!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope they pass them BOTH.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Some states are finally wising up![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by The Scarlet Pumpernickel

what are the chances we could get something like that passed here in california ?
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WarMonger
    what are the chances we could get something like that passed here in california ?

About the same chance that rosie o'crappel will lose weight and go 'straight'.[:D]
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Good for Wyo, I hope it passes.
    We'll be lucky if we manage to get the CCW passed this time (3rd try) here in Wis., but it looks like we might have the votes to override a gubernatorial veto, keep your fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:what are the chances we could get something like that passed here in california

... zip ...
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wyoming is still the Wild West.

I hope the law passes, but what works in Wyoming wouldn't necessarily work in California.

States that have the lowest population densities can have the laxest gun control laws. States that have the highest population densities usually have the strictest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    California is BOUGHT and RUN and PAID FOR by DEMOCRATS.

... no ands, no ifs ... or buts!

Period!

... and that's the way it is ... unfortunately.[:(]
  • Options
    KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CA=GULAG!
    Same as NYC, NYC, and the other "Peoples Republiks"!
    I always used to drive our local "Officials" (when I lived in NYC) by asking "ARE we UNTERMENSCHEN when compared to the states like CO and such when it comes to guns?".
    This usually made them turn colors.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep! Same as NYC, NYC, and the other "Peoples Republiks"!

Arnold ,JUST found that out the hard way! Until something gives,
    there's no beat'n ;em![xx(]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    My guess is that the NRA is behind the whole thing.