In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Super Cheap Mil. Surplus Guns But DON'T Misuse Thi

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
OK, one of the members here was kind enough to alert me to the website of www.southernohiogun.com and their super cheap price on guns. And I want to pass this info around to the General Discussion Board since the Gun Rights Board gets very few visitors. But please don't miss the value of this information. Please don't limit yourself to "wow! Cheap gun! I'm going to buy one and go shooting!" After you buy one ($39.00 for a Russian M44 carbine in 7.62.54 Russian caliber) spread this sale info as far and as wide as you possible can!!! The more shooters we have in America the LESS unreasonably restrictive gun laws we have.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to mention that a C&R is required to take full advantage of sites such as SOG.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yeah but at that price just have the gun shipped to your local FFL holder and pay the $15.00 paperwork/transfer fee.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    quote: Yeah but at that price just have the gun shipped to your local FFL holder and pay the $15.00 paperwork/transfer fee.

Chalk one up for having a C&R and getting it shipped to your front door.

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
    I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first".
    (Ronald Reagan)
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a great deal on a rugged and reliable little carbine. It would be a good gun to throw in your trunk, or behind the seat of the pickup.
    The cheapest I have seen them is $55. We had a gun show here in Asheville and two different dealers each had a commie crate of M44s. You picked your gun brand new out of the crate, still packed in lots of thick commie cosmoline.
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I know your're probably right about the C&R license, but I just can't stand the idea of the government getting even more information about me when I fill out the application for a C&R license.

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR, that all depends on where you live and the dealers you deal with. We have 5 dealers within 50 miles here that will accept guns for transfer, the cheapest is $25 and not one of them (nada, zip, zero, zilch) will accept ANY military gun. The dealers here who deal in military guns will not accept guns fro transfer, either buy from them or have them order it.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    OK 7MMNutt: I didn't realize it until your post, but I have been spoiled here in the KC area. My local FFL holder only charges $15.00 for any kind of tranfer you want to make.

• kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I coul not find where it said how much shipping is per rifle does any body know?[:D]

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas? --Joseph Stalin
    edited November -1
    I coul not find where it said how much shipping is per rifle does any body know?[:D]

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas? --Joseph Stalin
    edited November -1
    kenneth & Melissa: I don't know about the shipping but I have to assume they are competietive in the $15-20 dollar range. I am going to call the 800 number on Mon. and find out.

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you thought to do the "Find an FFL" here on GB for a transfer dealer? I tell my customers to order and pay for the weapon themselves. That way, I don't have to charge state sales tax on them and they pay it on their income tax return.

I give them a copy of my FFL to mail with their order if I don't already have one on file with the company.

Works good and I get TONS of repeat business at $20 a pop.
    edited November -1
    p3skyking: good advice. Keep those firearms sales and purchases going!

• WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some times SOG does free shipping on C&R stuff too right now aimsurplus.com has SKS for 89 and free shipping centerfire systems is also a good source of cheap C&R guns and has free shipping some times

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've known about SOG for at least 10 years. I've had very good luck with them, they ship immediately, and they don't overcharge for shipping. I believe they use UPS. I get their mail catalogs too, as I'm sure others do. They're not exactly a well kept secret, but I'm glad you found 'em. We mention SOG here from time to time. Yes, I have a C&R. Got my CZ52 from SOG.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpg NRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    We have been dealing with SOG for several years! Shipping on a rifle will be $10 to $15 depending on your location. More you order at a time, the less shipping will be for each item. They have a $6 (I beleive) COD charge if you COD it. We ordered 2 pstols at $90 a piece back in lat Nov. or Early Dec. and the total including shipping was $194. To ship 2 pistols was $14. They are fast as to shipping as well. Items usually shipped next day after payment and in many cases same day as payment depending on when payment is received! It took us 2 days to get the pistols! SOG is a good company to deal with. Here is another good one that most of SOGs items are imported into this country by, Century International Arms, Inc. Here is their link:http://www.centuryarms.com/

Anyone in the the Central KY area can contact me as to buying if an FFL is needed.

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
    edited November -1
    You know, as I think about it, I probably appear as a nice but "naive" guy on this forum. Here I am all excited about finding good, cheap guns (and the mil. surplus ammo that can be found) and I go on line and tell everyone what I have found. And then I encourge them to not only buy what they want but to SPREAD THE NEWS TO OTHERS. And the reason being that there are many people out there who would like to get involved with the gun and shooting hobby but they don't becaue they think it is too expensive. Well, with the military surplus guns and ammo, it can be down right cheap. So if we spread the word and encourage others to buy and shot guns, then we have helped strengthen our gun rights . And at no cost or effort to ourselves. What more could anyone ask for in looking for a win-win sitation?

And if someone had taken the time to tell me about cheap military surplus years ago, I would not have to appear naive about it today. Please spread the word.

edited November -1
    SOG you can speed up shipping by sending them a copy of your C&R for their file.
    Even if you are not ready to order now.
    This allows you to pay the small surcharge and pay by CC.
    SOG then will often ship the same day (If you order before they ship that day.)

(Ronald Reagan)
    edited November -1
    After you call them tommorow could you post the shipping amount to give me an idea i'll be at work tommorow and wont get home in time to call thanks [:D]quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    kenneth & Melissa: I don't know about the shipping but I have to assume they are competietive in the $15-20 dollar range. I am going to call the 800 number on Mon. and find out.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    trfox You are right it is phenomenal what a good deal you can get on milsurp rifles, and ammo too. There is lots of cheap Mosin ammo. That deal on the Turkish 8mm is unbelievable, 1400 rounds for $74.
    edited November -1
    I will call SOG tomorrow (Mon. 2-2-04) and post what info I can find.

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I always thought that you had to be a holder of an FFL 1 or 3 license to buy from SOG.

Has that rule changed?

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Correct
    njretcop.

When I have bought SOG guns that were not C&R.
    My FFL 01 had to place the order and charge it to his account.

Then I paid him when I picked it up.

(Ronald Reagan)
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can apparently look at the web site, but if you don't have an FFL, you'd have to convince your local dealer to order for you. Some of 'em don't mind; a few get testy.

tr -- Didn't mean to pop a balloon for ya here. Inquiries about SOG come up every so often, but anybody can miss the threads.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    Offeror, no offense was taken, but thanks for your post.

OK, Everyone here is the shipping costs that some of you asked about from SOG, and man, are they reasonable. 1 gun=$12.00, 2 guns=$15.00, 3 guns=$19.00, 4 guns=$23.00, 5 guns=$25.00. Today I called a very nice lady, Venus, and ordered several guns. I paid with my credit card and they will ship to my local FFL holder who will charge me $15.00 for each gun transfer.