In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need trajectory information on 30-06

bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Help me guys--my gun and reloading books are still packed away.I have a 30-06 rifle with a 2-7 scope. Factory Winchester ammo, with 150 gr. bullets, is hitting the target 2 inches high at 50 yards. The question: Where will it hit at 100 yards...and at 200 yards?Can someone look that up for me?
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    My chart won't do 50yds.But this may help.150 gr.Line of sight 25 yds=0125 yds= +3.5250 yds= 0300 yds= -4.0
  • Options
    songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have the velocity of the bullets listed on the box? This will help us to determine the trajectory that you are after. Another thing that i have noticed about all of those reloading manuals is that none of them show the same velocities for the exact same load. The best deal is to use a chronograph to measure your speed at the muzzle then determine your velocity from that.
  • Options
    bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Songdog-- No, I don't know the velocity. I asked the question because I have a little issue to take care of in the morning with a pack of wild dogs. I'm going to take the numbers 22WRF gave me in the first reply and use them. They should be close enough. I would estimate my rifle is zeroed at 200 or 250 yards and with what I am doing, plus or minus a couple of inches won't make any difference.
    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net
  • Options
    songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would imagine that the bullets will be flat enough that they will hit the dogs at any distance you will be shooting them at. hold it low, hold it on them, watch the fur fly.[This message has been edited by songdog (edited 12-05-2001).]
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.huntingnut.com/pointblank.html If you know the load data or your load data this will give you trajectory from the muzzle out to where ever. I did it with one of my loads 59 grains of IMR4350 @ 2900 fps and it calculated out to:25yds 050yds +1.25100yds +3.0150yds +3.25200yds +2.25250yds 0how accurate that is I wouldn't know with out getting a ballistics card out for one of my rifles, but I am thinking it is fairly close. Am I close Guys?
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com