In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just Watched "Taken"

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I just watched the movie, "Taken", with Liam Neeson.

Hot damn, what an awesome, brutal, *-kicking, bad guy killing flick. Two thumbs up and a hearty 'hell yeah'.

Brings clarity to the terms "gettin down to it" and "you've got it to do, so get to it".[;)]

Comments

• Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    That settles it, It's now on my must see list.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    That settles it, It's now on my must see list.
    Count on it. Good, no nonsense violence, for a purpose. A pure "man movie".
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One the few movies I have seen in the theatre that I felt I got my monies worth...GREAT MOVIE. IMHO[;)]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I have not seen the film yet but I know the plot. If they grabbed my oldest daughter rather than my searching for her for 90 hours the kidnappers would probably hand her back in 90 minutes!

"Don't drag me, I just polished my toe nails and they are not dry".

"I hope your hideout is in a Hilton".

"Do you think that three outfits and five pair of shoes will be enough"?

"Is there a swimming pool or spa"?

You are not going to stuff me into a freaking Chrysler! Get the keys to my Mercedes out of my bag and let's go in that"!
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    My wife and I went to see it...best movie I have seen in a long while. Also, did anyone else notice that it was a great movie and you literally do not hear one cuss in the whole thing (at least not that I recall). That's rare in todays world.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    "I'm your worst Nightmare" or something like that. Or "their going to take you"
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its on the torrents[}:)]....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a kickazz movie. I've had it here at the house for two weeks or so. Just finished watching it. That's one of them that you will want to watch again and again.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty good, and Neeson pulled off the badass role surprisingly well, but not nearly enough killing for my tastes.
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not enough killing? He knocks off at least forty guys and that ain't enough? And five or so of those was while he was handcuffed, might I add.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Hot damn, what an awesome, brutal, *-kicking, bad guy killing flick. Two thumbs up and a hearty 'hell yeah'.

Brings clarity to the terms "gettin down to it" and "you've got it to do, so get to it".[;)]

So are you saying here that we should go see it? Yea the previews look good. I haven't seen it yet. I useally wait for the video
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "You either give me what I need or this switch will stay on until they turn the power off for lack of payment on the bill."

Yeah...I recommend this movie. Liam Neeson played the part very well and his cold methodical sytle helped make the movie.
  • Options
    skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw the trailer for this when i went and saw clints new movie gran torino. so when this one came out , went and saw it also. not a big movie goer, but i highly recomend this movie!!!
    liam had a great part, and pulled it off very well [^][^]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was about to order it based on these reviews, but they want $40 for the DVD. I'll get it later when it gets to $10 or $12.

Evidently there were three other movies named Taken, so if you order it, be careful.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    going to see tonight
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

+1 top notch flick
  • Options
    bustinstainlessbustinstainless Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    best action movie out .he has at least 35 confirmed kills.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just got back from seeing it great movie will be added to my movie collection
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bamafan
    Not enough killing? He knocks off at least forty guys and that ain't enough? And five or so of those was while he was handcuffed, might I add.

Arnold capped twice that many dudes in Commando. That's my standard for when an action movie has enough violence for me.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Great movie. Liam Neeson plays the part perfectly.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bride and I saw it about 2 weeks ago. Awesome flick. I didnt keep track, but he must have killed about 25 bad guys to get his daughter back.

Well written and directed movie and Neeson seriously kicked some *.
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked it. Nice to see the bad guys get kicked around for a change. Wish it happened more in real life.
  • Options
    CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and I saw the movie Saturday. It is really good. She is telling all of her friends to see it. What I thought was neat was there wasn't any vulgar language. Imagine that, a good movie without the low rent verbage.