In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

watch your mirrors this weekend

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Anyone seen a bunch of cars with numbers on the doors and covered in stickers traveling west at a high rate of speed this weekend? I almost got run over by three Porsche Torbo 911's (all with serious electronics piled on the dash) east of Dallas Saturday afternoon. They were flying in close formation at well over 100mph.

I later found out that the Gumball3000 NY-LA race is going this weekend. Intel says they'll now be traveling from Dallas to Santa Fe to Vegas to Hef's mansion in LA, with overnight stops in each city.

I heard one of the paricipants in a Lamborghini was clocked at 180+.
If you're along this route keep your eyes open for a pretty cool sight. Note that they also make a REALLY good front door.

Edited by - Txs on 04/28/2002 17:53:44

Comments

• Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Front Door? Hell, if he's a doin' 180 he's outa the front door, cross the yard, out the gate, several blocks down and across the street afore I even get outa the kitchen!

The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"
  • Options
    PDF.44PDF.44 Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pelican,
    Now that was funny.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Maybe that's why I saw about 30 LE cars, marked and unmarked, all along I-30 from Greenville to Arlington on Saturday. Went to a Ranger game. They beat the Indians, 4-2.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Durn strange map reading - NY to LA via Dallas???? Dallas to SANTA FE????? Santa Fe to Vegas????

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I can see NY to LA via Dallas, but not via Santa Fe -- ABQ, maybe, but Santa Fe? Why swing 60 miles north??? The food is superb and the scenery is beautiful, but it ain't that superb or that beautiful if you are in a race fom NY to LA.

Are they avoiding Interstates? Unless they're hitting 287, there isn't any reason for 'em to go anywhere near Dallas (or Santa Fe) -- they could blast across OK on I-40 and drop into the TX panhandle and hit Amarillo.

???

DarkStar11"Now is the test of the boomerangtossed in the night of redeeming"
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    The same thing, (very expensive cars traveling at a high rate of speed with police accompaning them) happens here every night.

Here in NJ, however, they're called "World's wildest police videos."

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com