In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I almost forgot the Hammerless .380 update,

Short TraderShort Trader Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
I shot it Saturday. The sights are small and take a little getting used to. It is very accurate. It will knock down 6" diameter steel plates at 25 yards with no problem. Recoil is very mild. All in all I am very pleased with it. My wife likes shooting it more than the P89 (although she is mainly a revolver girl).

I'm going to look into a carbide speed die from Lee for .380 and a few spare mags for it.

Buy low, short high...

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What hammerless 380 are you talkin about?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The one I posted about getting for Christmas and was confused on exactly what it was. It is a Colt 1908 .380 Hammerless. I was trying to let Classic and the others that posted on that thread know how it shot.

Buy low, short high...
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those Colt 03s & 08s were true pocket guns. They're thin with no sharp corners to dig in to you or snag on the draw.
    My boss passed on to me the 7th Div. Generals gun, an unissued 03 32ACP in pieces. I'd never seen one before and while working it out I found the hammer & grip safety V-spring was broken. This was in a mobile field line unit with no parts for the pistol. It took a days' struggle to make a working copy out of a 50BMG flat spring. After all that effort, the General said he didn't want a gun with a homemade spring in it and exchanged it for another. That episode really soured me on the pistol for some time. I've only come to appreciate it many years later.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a very sweet little gun. I posted the first two numbers of the five digit serial and someone told me on the other thread that it was made in or around 1920.

It shoots very nice, no feeding problems out of one box of 50 and it is very accurate. The only thing I don't like about it is the time it takes to line the little sights up. But for anything man size at less than ten yards, it will work just fine as a back up to my G30 which is a backup to my G21.

Excuse me Mudge, Short the very classily armed.

Buy low, short high...
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Short Trader,

I believe the information on the serial number came from me......and I do not haunt any other boards, haha. Enjoy your new gun and like me, don't leave home without it[:D][:D][:D]

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com