In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

joeaf1911a1

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
I saw you post here not long ago and since this site, for reasons never explained, does not allow PMs, I have a question. When you were serving in the ETO during the war, how many guys in your outfit had a privately owned camera? You've posted a photo of you and your buddies standing together (you were holding a Thompson [:p]) and I was curious who took that picture, where he got the film and how it was developed into a print. Was film available? Were there restrictions on private photography, by that I mean were you ever specifically told things which you were not supposed to photograph, like military equipment? Thanks Joe.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any antlers on your property yet this year?

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone heard from him lately? Kinda worried about the old guy. Hasn't posted since May. Always liked what he had to say, and have a lot of respect for him. Hate to see folks just "disappear," especially at his age. Kind of like josey1. Posting one day, gone the next.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Joe,

I got the package and thank you very much. I really appreciate all the things you sent, especially the tag. [^]

Hope the weather abates soon so that we may do some more shooting, even though you beat me every time, LOL. [:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dedicate my entire day to your salute. God bless you, and thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Joe,

Me and a very special dog tag are going to the WWII Weekend Show in Reading, PA this weekend...........[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of our national treasures (WWII). Have sent emails but no answer. He hasn't posted in over a year. Anyone correspond with him or have any information? Thanks.
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I know what's in the package, LOL!
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Hey"" Are you guys gonna be able to hook up with us in Harrisburg in two weeks???

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Pa, not sure yet. We'll know better when it gets closer.
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Whats closer or you guys Harrisburg or Cabellas??

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pa,

We have to pass Cabelas (literaly the front door) to get to Harrisburg, about one hour farther West for us.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com