In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Silver Bear .223 ammo

phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
how is the quality of this ammo? better than Wolf?S&B?Barnaul?

Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
Glock 19C
Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
S&W 19-4 .357 Mag 6" bbl
Henry Lever Action 22Mag
Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
Russian M38
Collection2.JPG
banner-big.jpg

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Travis, I've had good luck with it in my Bushmaster. The 55gr rounds work best, the 62gr rounds have a long OAL and don't feed well unless they are all the way to the back of the magazine (hit mag against helmet, maybe twice). Other than that they are better than Wolf as far as performance and clean burning. I also had good luck with Barnaul. I have a little Silver Bear ammo left, next Phx outing you're welcome to try some

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can honestly say its good ammo, I bought some for myself and could not believe the accuracy,reliability and how consistently it grouped.Now a bunch of my friends are useing it with the same results.I look for the price to go up.Its really good clean ammo.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard too much bad about Wolf to buy any. I have some S&B which I'm happy with and glad to hear others' good reports about Silver Bear. I have some perfectly good Norinco too, by the way.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I routinely shoot both Wolf and Silver Bear ammo (which ever is on sale) through my SKS, and frankly see no difference between them.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com