In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Woodsman

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just bumped into Chris's Uncle at the post office. He just picked up an old Colt Woodsman in good shape for $100!! Why can't i ever find these deals!!!!???????[:(]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Anybody have any tips, tricks, or other pertinent information?

Or, can you tell me to piss off, so I'll feel better? [:D]

On a serious note, I'm thinking about picking one up...
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt Woodsman, and today when I was out in the woods I didnt have occasion to shoot it, I only carry it for copperhead elimination. Thing is, when I got back out of the woods I decided I'd go ahead and fire a couple rounds. It decided it didnt want to. The thing would only cock the hammer back occasionally, consistently refused to work correctly. Puzzled me, no big deal. I brought it home, I'd heard something shake inside when I shook it, figured I'd find something obvious. I took it apart, looked at it, didnt see anything wrong. Put it back together, pulled the slide back, gun felt totally different, felt the hammer cock back. Fired it a couple times dry fire, no choice, gun works fine now. No more rattling noise either. I dont have a clue what was wrong with it. Any ideas?

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Here is the woodsman that BR posted, after fixing the little bit of Barrel Rub , BLUE WONDER does wonders , compare her pic to this one after the Blue wonder job. OOOOOPS forgot to log BR out. Classic095

colt31.jpg

COLT2.jpg

LR

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    Here's a nice old Target Model Woodsman, it's been reblued, but the price is right.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=166595370
    Thanks again.
    W.D.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is not bad for a working Woodsman in 60-70% condition. If it is better than that, tell him it is dangerous, send it to me and I will fix it for him.

He Dog
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him it has the old mainspring housing and is dangerous.
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Hey stranger,
    were your ears burnin' last night?

The Texas GB bunch that met for dinner last night talked about a bunch of the misfits here of course. [;)] But I can't say here what was said about ya! That Cheveyman Texas guy, well, ya know how them youngsters in their thirties are. [:D]

Stir,stir...[;)]
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Pa,

Bring it to Harrisburg. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com