In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.357 SIG

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Thoughts on the .357 SIG Caliber. Is this a round worth owning? I have heard some impressive ballistics on it.
thanks

Comments

• SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw this link over on ATE. It's pretty interesting:
    http://intrencik.com/357sig.htm

Looks like the .357 SIG is a good steel penetrator.
    edited November -1
    Went shooting tonight at my range here in NYC. Nice thing about my club is they have an inventory of several guns available to members. Anyway, I usually shoot my Colt .45 and thier Glock 26, but tonight I shot thier .357 sig. Whoaaaaaaa!!!!![:D]
    edited November -1
    How accurate is the .357 SIG compared to the 9mm and .40?

How is the stopping power compared to the 9mm or .40?

edited November -1
    I bought a .357 Sig barrel for my S&W M&P .40 S&W. What is your opinion of the .357 Sig. Anyone have one? Got it on a deal with several mags for my M&P and could use them for both rounds. I like the M&P and have one in .40 and one in .45 acp. And my son had one in 9mm. They seem reliable, comfortable and accurate.
    edited November -1
    I have owned just about everything out there under the sun. I am considering buying a sig 226 in .357 sig caliber. The 226 like the 229 has a drop in barrel for .40 s&w to change calibers. Do any of you guys know anything of this caliber. accuracy, cost availability, any input into sigs would too be appreciated. linetech1
    edited November -1
    Ok, this is a stupid question, but how big is the 357 sig bullet compared to a 9mm or 45? I am curious. Thanks in advance!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    The round will be as accurate as the gun it is fired out of. It will be a little more relable feeding because of the bottle neck casing. The 357 sig is called a 357 because it is suposed to match the 357mag. This would make the stoping power way above the 9mm and about the same as a hot loaded 40 S&W round. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    The round will be as accurate THE SHOOTER!!

I carry a 357sig and can tell you in no uncertain terms that it is much more potent then the other two rounds you asked about.

I converted my Glock 27 from .40 to .357sig and could not be happier with the results.

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie