In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PETA wants people to call JEEP and complain about ad(Click on link to view ad)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
UPDATE: Please Contact Jeep TodayA few weeks ago, we alerted you to an advertisement by Jeep, a DaimlerChrysler subsidiary, featuring a man driving a Jeep with two deer tied to the roof. At first glance, the deer appear to be a hunting conquest. The driver passes two hunters who exchange looks of admiration over their "fellow hunter's" success. However, the driver continues to a grassy area with a "No Hunting" sign and releases the deer, who are actually alive, into safety. Not surprisingly, so-called "sportsmen" are furious with Jeep for taking shots at hunters. They flooded Jeep's customer service lines with angry calls, prompting Jeep to pull the ad after only a week. However, we have just gotten word that Jeep is considering running the ad again if enough calls come through in support of it. Please call or write DaimlerChrysler and ask them to put this pro-animal advertisement back on the air.You may call DaimlerChrysler's Customer Center at 1-800-992-1997 or fax them at 248-512-1760.zw http://peta.org/alert/automation/AlertItem.asp?id=321

Comments

• Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Saxon, I just played the ad, it seems to work fine. Do you have the latest version of Real Player?BTW, I received the lanyard ring for my S&W that you sent. Thank you very much! What do I owe you? Send email to address below.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com