In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What time is it? Where are we?

competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I'm in Eastern time; but for the past day or so the times on these forums has been one hour ahead.I thought GB's server was in Georgia and should be on Eastern time. Did the servers move? Are they somewhere in the Atlantic time zone now? Are we being hosted on a new server somewhere?

Comments

• Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares, as long as the site is not down! :-)
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    "Who am I...What am I doing here?Does anyone remember those brilliant words of confidence from a certain vice presinential candidate,at a debate?.218
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It does make a difference. If these boards have been moved to a server outside the borders of the USA (which the time change might indicate), then some VERY sophisticated technology can be used legally by branches of the United States Federal Government to "spy" here--records can be kept about who is accessing the boards and what people are saying.If the server is inside the U.S. then things like "wire-tapping warrents" are required before the government can use its technology to spy here.So where are we being hosted? Mr. Paranoid