In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who has the best priced ammo on the net?

tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I don't think I'm quite ready for re-loading yet, but I sure could use a break on ammo prices. Any reccomendations?

Comments

• Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Why aren't you ready for reloading? your initial investment can be relatively high, but if you shoot a lot it's worth it. From my experience mail order ammo with shipping is as expensive as retail. I have seen some good deals on the auction, keep checking. You can usually find reloaded or re-manufactured ammo at your retailer at a discount. If you buy by the case you can save a little more. I have been checking the net myself and find no advantage. All I can say is shop around. Find a local independent retailer in your area. If you're buying at places like Wal-Mart you will pay a premium price. Midway, Cabela's, Sportsman's guide all have catalogs you can order. I'm sure others on this forum will come up with some other names.
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try www.cheaperthandirt.com
  • Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why am I not ready for reloading?I don't feel that I know enough about ammo as it is. Most of the deep ammo conversations on these boards loose me after just a few replies. My quarters are also very limited to space.
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tightbredlive in close quarters? on problemo....I reloaded thousands of rounds at my kitchen table, sitting on the tailgate of my truck, even reloaded at the shooting range....with a Lee loader or a Lee hand press space is not that important...also if you buy a kit and read ,read, read, reloading is easier that cleaning some guns and a heck of a lot more fun......buy Lee's reloading manual as it's the best explanation of how to reload using simple terms and step by step procedure....don't let some guys scare ya away from this wonderful hobby.......as for good ammo at a decent price check out www.ammoman.com
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shop around for ammo; it's suprising how one item will be significantly cheaper one place and another someplace else. As already noted, sometimes it's also cheaper buying ammo locally to save on shipping.Overall though, I've been most satisfied with the prices and service from Natchez (they've got lots of stuff for the reloader too): http://www.natchezss.com