In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bikers Attack Car Driver Family

capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
We often talk about CCW scenarios, one that often comes up is what if you were attacked by a group of violent bikers. We pretty much thought that was a far out idea, but anything can happen. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I remember it vividly. We were on vacation in the late 1960's. My dad who was a traveling salesman had big Mercury with a 429 engine in it. We came up on group of bikers who were spread all across the highway preventing passing. My dad honked his horn and one of them flipped him off. Dad backed off until he was maybe 1/2 mile behind them. Then opened that 429 up. By the time we caught back up with bikers he had the speedo pegged. They heard it coming and there were some panicked faces as they parted and we went right through the middle of them. My guess they decided not to mess w/that Crazy SOB because they didn't attempt to chase us. Mom was furious.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Those are not bikers. Bunch of dorks on ricers.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were in the car, the guy that smashed the window w/ his helmet would not be doing that again.
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762

100% correct.
  • Options
    capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider

100% correct.
    Certainly not Hells Angels, but obviously capable of terrorizing and injuring the driver and his family.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    put it in low range four wheel drive,forward,backward,left then right and then pull away and don,t stop untill at a police station. if you are armed shot any the get to close for comfort. according to garp.
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see any Bikers in the picture,Just a bunch of Punks riding Blenders.
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    read another article where it said the SUV ran into the bikers first, made it sound like the SUVs fault. Curious to see the outcome.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444
    read another article where it said the SUV ran into the bikers first, made it sound like the SUVs fault. Curious to see the outcome.
    From the embedded video, the SUV hits one of the guys that cuts in front of him and slams on the brakes. Not sure if that was the initial contact or not, but it is clear that the SUV stops after that hit, so my guess is it was. Looks like he takes off again after some sort of attack from the group. He drives right over a bike or two. I would have done the same.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Road rage issues are best avoided. Especially with groups of bikers...
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that had been me, there would have been bodies to clean up. Cops took waaaaaay too long to show up. I would have enabled their tactics at 100 mph and slamming on the brakes. Then exit the vehicle shooting everything within 6 yards.

Ea biker should get a yr in jail and their bikes crushed.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    I remember it vividly. We were on vacation in the late 1960's. My dad who was a traveling salesman had big Mercury with a 429 engine in it. We came up on group of bikers who were spread all across the highway preventing passing. My dad honked his horn and one of them flipped him off. Dad backed off until he was maybe 1/2 mile behind them. Then opened that 429 up. By the time we caught back up with bikers he had the speedo pegged. They heard it coming and there were some panicked faces as they parted and we went right through the middle of them. My guess they decided not to mess w/that Crazy SOB because they didn't attempt to chase us. Mom was furious.

That's an awesome memory thanks Dad!!! [:D]

And here I was impressed my dad called someone in another car and f-in a-hole when I was a kid. First time I had every heard my dad cuss. My Mom probably kicked his * in private!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An impossible scenario for the driver of the Range Rover. If he stayed the mob mentality would have pummeled him, so whether the initial collision is his fault, which it doesn't appear it was then he had to be in fear for his life. Rice rocket punks or not there was still a crap load of them and they were gonna tear him to shreds either way.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my car is the deadliest weapon I own, all those that pursued would have been threating me, and in great trouble, he could have taken out at least a dozen more with proper braking on the highway

not sure how much of the vid is taken out of text per say, it appears to start with a jerk cutting him off, and hitting the brakes, what happened before that was not available, but as the video stands there would be 3+dozen in the hospital or grave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shocking that their video self edits and shuts off just as the aggravated assault is about to begin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    my car is the deadliest weapon I own, all those that pursued would have been threating me, and in great trouble, he could have taken out at least a dozen more with proper braking on the highway

not sure how much of the vid is taken out of text per say, it appears to start with a jerk cutting him off, and hitting the brakes, what happened before that was not available, but as the video stands there would be 3+dozen in the hospital or grave
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They are on Bikes so I am not stopping. They can try to stop me but will have tire marks on them.
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How did they get the "helmet cam" video? It had to be from a biker. Was he not one of the group?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Ct4eatO.gif
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kissgoodnight
    How did they get the "helmet cam" video? It had to be from a biker. Was he not one of the group?

Yes it appears to be a member of the group. That's why I am not surprised that the footage is stopped just before they drag the driver out and beat him. I would bet there is more video from other helmets that were involved in that event.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Ct4eatO.gif

The simple presence of a firearm will often prevent an incident.

[^]

The simple act of driving your car over 11 ricers will often cause the remaining ricer to stop following your *.[;)]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Mad Max would've ran em over.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    I don't see any Bikers in the picture,Just a bunch of Punks riding Blenders.
    Yep
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would have been *'s & elbows after I blacktopped them.[^]
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once had a biker jacking around and cut me off. He had to stop almost immediately at a red light. I bumped his fender pretty good with my bumper. He got all excited.

Pick up 1-Biker 0

It seems like whenever more than three crotch rockets get together they get brain dead.

snub%25204.jpg
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,071 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider

100% correct.
    +another,,
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    taking a motorcycle to a road rage fight is like taking a knife to a gun fight
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Ct4eatO.gif

The simple presence of a firearm will often prevent an incident.

[^]

But this incident is in New York -- where the law-abiding citizens are not allowed to carry firearms to defend themselves....so the thugs in this world, like those bikers, can commit their violence with little fear their victims will have the tools to defend themselves against attack.

Those thugs wouldn't try the same behavior in many other states.
  • Options
    cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by competentone

But this incident is in New York -- where the law-abiding citizens are not allowed to carry firearms to defend themselves....so the thugs in this world, like those bikers, can commit their violence with little fear their victims will have the tools to defend themselves against attack.

Those thugs wouldn't try the same behavior in many other states.

He may not have been allowed to carry a gun, but he also wasn't prepared to defend his family or himself. It looks like the initial drive over the bikes was a panic move. After that he allowed the bikers to control his movements. I would have had the wife on the phone with the cops and would not have taken the off ramp when they funneled him in. Simple physics says a five thousand pound SUV is going to make it over a couple of punks on their bikes. He had a suitable self defense weapon but was unwilling to use it to prevent them from assaulting him or possibly injuring his family. I don't know the grain weight of a range rover but I bet it makes an impressive projectile coming at you, even stupid people would move after they figure out your not stopping.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I'd of driven my family out of there aggressively while the wife called 911 on the cell. If unable to escape and subjected to that attack, there would be attackers with holes in them.

Before cell phones I always had two-way radio. It was CB at first, then Amateur Radio to VHF and UHF repeaters in a community of emergency services workers and volunteers. Lots of ways to get help moving my way [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cnsay

He may not have been allowed to carry a gun, but he also wasn't prepared to defend his family or himself. It looks like the initial drive over the bikes was a panic move. After that he allowed the bikers to control his movements. I would have had the wife on the phone with the cops and would not have taken the off ramp when they funneled him in. Simple physics says a five thousand pound SUV is going to make it over a couple of punks on their bikes. He had a suitable self defense weapon but was unwilling to use it to prevent them from assaulting him or possibly injuring his family. I don't know the grain weight of a range rover but I bet it makes an impressive projectile coming at you, even stupid people would move after they figure out your not stopping.

I agree, but such a "counter-attack" as you describe by him might not be viewed as self-defense (particularly in the anti-self-defense climate of New York). At the point at the end where he is stopped and the thugs are smashing his windows, firing at the attackers, or running over them, would be justifiable -- even in the insane anti-individual rights environment of New York.

My main point is that savages, like those bikers, are emboldened in such attacks because they have a pretty good assurance that their targeted victim is not going to be armed.

From the video, they initiated the attack from the very start; that first biker "brake checked" the SUV when there was no reasonable way the SUV could have stopped without hitting the bike. I'm sure the biker is dumber than dirt for pulling that move, but I doubt the whole clan of them would have participated in cooperation in states where their potential victims have more self-defense rights.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    "Dumber than dirt."

How hard is it to just write, "dumber than dirt," instead of using disguised profanity?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    "Dumber than dirt."

How hard is it to just write, "dumber than dirt," instead of using disguised profanity?

I almost never use profanity, but there are certain times when certain extreme words are the only appropriate ones to describe certain types of people. The pathetic savages in that video deserve a lot worse than the slang term for excrement I used (which wasn't written in full either).

Your "editing" is inappropriate -- you are changing my meaning in changing my writing to the word "dirt." (Your editing action isn't noted on my post either.)
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    If I were a member, editing my own post, the software would note that I edited it. If I were a moderator, editing my own or someone else's post, the software will also leave a signature. As an admin, I edit anonymously, unless I choose to sign my work.

My editing is rarely inappropriate, and it was not inappropriate here. The rules say profanity isn't allowed. CaptFun says that rule extends to profanity disguised to try and fool the Bad Word Filter. I enforce the rules as best I can. If the rules change, I will likewise change the way I do things.

In truth either idiomatic expression is incorrect and hyperbolic. "Dumb" means mute, not stupid. Even if it means "stupid," it is not possible for a human to be more stupid than an inanimate object, such as a pile of dirt or feces, unless one were dead or in a vegetative state.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This could have happened in any state.

However, the outcome might have been different in another state.

Punks know better than anyone how the law protects them and allows them to act as these did.

You do not have to live in a state that does not allow you to defend yourself from such attacks. Choose wisely

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    If I were a member, editing my own post, the software would note that I edited it. If I were a moderator, editing my own or someone else's post, the software will also leave a signature. As an admin, I edit anonymously, unless I choose to sign my work.

My editing is rarely inappropriate, and it was not inappropriate here. The rules say profanity isn't allowed. CaptFun says that rule extends to profanity disguised to try and fool the Bad Word Filter. I enforce the rules as best I can. If the rules change, I will likewise change the way I do things.

In truth either idiomatic expression is incorrect and hyperbolic. "Dumb" means mute, not stupid. Even if it means "stupid," it is not possible for a human to be more stupid than an inanimate object, such as a pile of dirt or feces, unless one were dead or in a vegetative state.

Idiomatic expressions don't "make sense"; they are used to express things other than their literal meaning. It is used, in this case, to express an extreme of emotion, not to communicate "information."

I have a question, can you watch that video of those bikers, savagely chasing down the SUV (that you -- and they -- know has a couple with their small child inside) and not have an extreme emotional reaction to the event?

I'm a pretty "level" person, not prone to emotional extremes, and rarely use foul language -- most people who know me would say they have never heard me use profanity.

At certain times though, there are situations where only profanity is appropriate to express an extreme emotion. The violent, gang attack in that video is just such a situation.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I read they slashed his tires which is why he got off on the ramp. They are lucky he was a decent person or he could have run over dozens of them.
    So for his decency he got his butt kicked bad. Shoulda coulda woulda but I wish he had crushed a bunch of them.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    From what I read they slashed his tires which is why he got off on the ramp. They are lucky he was a decent person or he could have run over dozens of them.
    So for his decency he got his butt kicked bad. Shoulda coulda woulda but I wish he had crushed a bunch of them.

He should have known the capability of his Range Rover; slashed tires won't stop him (1-1/2 minute video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNFpRRYO65A
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also see where the rider who got ran overs Dad posted on Facebook about his poor son possibly never walking again. Too bad should not have been with those rabid dogs
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I also see where the rider who got ran overs Dad posted on Facebook about his poor son possibly never walking again. Too bad should not have been with those rabid dogs

A stupid, dumb action results in consequences...deserved or otherwise.

Yep, I could care less. Play stupid games win stupid prizes!