In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Laws

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
How old do you have to be to legaly carry a handgun to own to buy(CCW) Im lost on all the laws.

And my mom was born in Mexico but she came to America at the age of 4 or 5 and she is legaly here but she has to renew her citizenship. Can she have a CCW if she legaly here? Or does she have to also be a citizen? THANKS

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is an NFA stamp? Does this mean you can purchase a class three firearm but it has to be registered with ATF? Also what are forms 3-4 and five, and how do I know if a state (Illinois) accepts hi cap mags. I have a p16 40 and I can buy hi-caps fot it, but can I buy a new Sig P220 with 15 round mags or does it depend on wether it is used or made before a particular date?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i know there is a law as to how many hand guns you can buy ,but is there a limit on the amount of long guns you can buy? i dont think there is a mulitiple gun sale form for long guns. is there ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have read before where some say that there are over 2000 seperate laws on the books that restrict the rights to gun ownership.

I am in a running gun battle with an anti-gun-nut who dose not feel this is true.

Does any one know a sight whereby I can obtain this information, so I can shove it up is rear receiver?[;)]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must be at least 21yrs old in any State.Hope this helps.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    to buy its 21...i think you can own one (given to you as a gift) at 18...not sure on that one.

i know she can buy a gun without being a citizen, but there is more paperwork involved...not sure on the CCW for non-citizens.

check out www.nra.org or www.packing.org
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No prior felony convictions, no prior misdomeanor domestic violence convictions, not in the process of a divorce with a stupid temp. restraining order...

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    If you become a citizen of the united states- you must have been a residence of Texas for at least 6 months.(Texas law) If you are not a citizen- you will not get a license.
    I do not understand--- If she is legaly here as a citizen- why does she have to re-apply? Once a citizen, always a citizen!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She says something like renew her citizenship, or green card or something.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like she's not a citizen, just a "resident alien" (hopefully not the Judge Dread type "alien" ).

Sounds like she should look into citizenship.