In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How to get away with killing your kids!

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Apparently a woman in California used a handgun to shoot her three children before shooting herself in the head. She survived the wounds to face a DEATH penalty despite her plea of insanity. Andrea Yates managed to kill 5 children without harming herself and only received a sentence of life in prison. Somehow the shooting was premeditated whereas than the one, by one, by one, by one, by one hands on drowning of each of Andrea's children was not.hmmm... http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/06/children.slain.ap/index.html

Comments

• Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were both insane. But I believe that this sort of tragedy will become more common in the future. The reason is overpopulation that somehow drives crowded people crazy.Comments anyone?
    PC=BS
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't agree Badboy. I was raised in a 24X24 foot house with seven brother and sisters. We are as close a family as you can imagine. My mother is 86 and still worries that I'm not getting my rest. These murders are aberrations and they've been with us through the ages. Most can be foreseen but most are ignored until it's too late.Clouder..
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It works with lab rats. I hope people respond less by instict. If they don't we know where to start reducing the population, dont we?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"Benj. Franklin, 1759
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insanity might have something to do with it, but I think it's more a lack of wanting the responsibility of raising the kids. I see way to many people in the world now who drag their kids around more as luggage as opposed to something brought into the world out of love. Such was the case when my ex-wife left me. My son was only five months old at the time she left. Her reason for leaving...she didn't want to bee a mother and a wife. I'm not looking for praise, but I spent nearly a year and a half raising him on my own working twelve hour shifts until I met the woman I'm married to now.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which is easier?1. Aiming a gun and firing three times.2. Dragging your oldest child into the bathroom, while he cries and begs why his mommy is mad. Throwing him into the tub of water and holding the small struggling form as it looks at you with terror and confusion.Until at last the small child stops struggling, releases it's tiny innocent fingers from your hair and slips limply into the tub.Dragging the small lifeless body from the water, then drowning the next, the next, the next and the next.Sick, sick world.Should have hung her high...
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    amen clouder-right on! barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if the information age hasn't contributed to this somewhat. By that I mean years ago when a murder took place it was pretty much confined to local or regional news outlets. Now, if some nutcase shoots at school kids in Stockton Cali the whole world knows about it in a matter of hours. I'm not sure if the murder rate is down in the past few years, but I at least am quite aware when a kiling takes place 2000 miles away from here. It kind of reminds me of the rash of school shootings a few years back. Granted each and every one was a horrific event, but you would have thought it was happening in every state the way the media played it to the public. As a sidebar for possible dabate, exactly how many school shootings has there benn since Slick Willy left office? How many were there before he took office?
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Badboybob. I seen the study he is refering to.
    Not to mention human nature is sin.
    My wife and I deal with the proublus our children have at the local Jr And Sr high schools. The county has just closed one of the schools and is wherehousing the Kids in one School. The Kids are dealing with over crowding. Thay fight like animals, Trying to find a position in the pack.
    It used to be that in the small School every body knew each other and would be friends and not feel thretend all the time. And unlike us adults when we come across some one we dont like we have the choice to leave the room, cross the street, go the other way or even move away. But the children are locked in this building all day and dont have theas options. So thay fight, lie cheat and do what ever thay can to be at the top of the pack.
    TOOLS
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What sticks in my craw is the fact that these Red Diaper Doper Babies are talking about how "she must have been crazy" to do something like that. Just because someone commits an absolutely evil act does not mean that they are crazy. Human beings are capable of absolute evil even while in a perfectly sane state of mind. History has proven it. Every human shortcoming and downfall is assumed to be the result of an unstable mental state. Hence, our kids are zombified by Ritalin and Prozac is consumed like popcorn kernels. We have to be the most over-drugged nation on the face of this planet.

A mind is a terrible thing.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that the "insanity defense" is a perfectly good one for alot of these people.That way,if they "did not know what they were doing" when they committed those horrible acts,they won't know what we are doing when we strap them in the chair.We can tell them it's a ride at Disney World or something.They will not further pollute the gene pool that way.

Only in America a homeless war veteran slept in a cardboard box while a draft dodger slept in the white house...NEVER AGAIN!!
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Yeah Bushy - I think that the Insanity Plea is a tool made up by lawyers. It should be done away with. Of course these and other criminals were not in a normal state of mind when commiting these heinous acts. Punishment should fit the crime or the crime will continue unabated. Is this not how we teach our children (well those who spank). Without the threat of ultimate punishment we see what people are capable of and yes it will continue to grow with the population. JMHO

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take it that no one here has heard of this new ****? There is a SPC4 stationed in Germany that just drowned her 2 childeren. Don't remember their ages off the top of my head, she said that she "thought she was giving her dolls a bath". YEAHHHH, okay. Tried for the insanity plea, that fell through. The courts martial found her guilty of premeditated murderTHANK YOU, I'm not sure of sentencing as of yet, The Stars and Stripes delivery is spotty at best.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Andrea Yates is a loony. I would like to have seen her maggot-ridden body moldering at the end of a rope, but at least she will be 70-something before eligible for parole. Not likely to be producing any more of her own murder victims.

The guy whose butt I want to kick is her husband. Maybe he has no criminal culpability, but certainly he is to blame too.

Question to the fathers on the board: Suppose your wife were to call you home from work for an emergency, and you get home and find that she has killed all your children. Just how loving and supportive are you going to be after that?

As for me, she had better hope the cops got there first. I'd be boiled in acid and bit by rattlers before I would hire the nutbag a lawyer.

Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidn
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn you got it right. The cheese fell off her sandwich a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned her husband should've been sitting in the chair right next to her. Again you're right about the cops better get there first. Frankly I'd rather lay naked in a fresh patch of road tar and make an angel if I knew my wife killed my kid.

***It is not so much what a man possesses, but what possesses the man which determines his quality of life.***
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the sodium floride being added to the water and toothpaste! It was started after WW2--coincides exactly with the rash of irrational behavior. Some people are "hyper-sensitive" to the poison; it interferes with the synapses in the brain--they fire erratically, causing the strange behavior.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm beginning to sound like Judge Dread...