In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Computer/phone peripheral

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I have only one phone line. Most of the time the line is being used for the computer. I miss alot of calls because of this.I have heard that here is a device that will alert me to the incoming calls when the computer is in use. Does anyone know of this apparatus?

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are services on the 'net that provide software to alert you and let you take a call. Do a search at search.com or one of those places and you can probably find them. Also, I have found that the Call Forward feature offered by Verizon will forward calls to my cell phone even if my home line is busy. So when I know I'm going to be online a while, I hit *72 and my cell phone number and activate Call Forwarding. The calls then ring in on my cell phone. The other thing you can do is get the phone company's voicemail service. If your line is busy, people can then leave messages which you can pick up when you finish on the computer.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call waiting and the proper modem will allow you to get your calls.What I actually do is have all my calls forward automatically to my mobile phone if the line is busy or I don't answer the land-line (the phone company calls it "don't answer call forward" or something like that; it costs a buck or two a month to forward to the one mobile number).I just leave the mobile phone on if my land-line is tied up with the computer.