In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Words have meanings

2»

Comments

• Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, that was exactly what I was thinking about!Timberbeast: not quite the same thing.An educated man can always choose a simpler word.An uneducated man cannot choose a more complex one.My take on the subject (I know you've all been dying to hear it):I have a good enough vocabulary that I can understand whatWhiteclouder is saying, but it is fatiguing sometimes.Big words are a form of shorthand;with one word, you can express sentances.But that does presuppose your reader will beable to understand it.Wouldn't hurt me if you were to dumb it down a little.Except, of course, on Smoking Jacket Buisness.What I find even more annoying, tho, is how spread outthis thread is! My finger got tired dragging themouse back and forth! I have put a lot of extra returnsin this in hopes it will all fit in the screen.Is there some way to fix this?
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call me simple.I enjoy readin, and If the writer can paint his picture in the simplest of words, that a babe can understand, my hats off to him.But then again thats me.I say the simply written messages; will always capture the largest audience, and encourage participation from the defenestrated.What the....hey??
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that better .250?KISS