In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All this flag waving=change?

ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Nope.We had less then a average of 15% turn out to vote in the city I live in electons yesterday.I know it was only for city officals, but c'mon!!Sure is easy to but a flag on your car, but hard as hell to DO SOMETHING!!!I will love to see who is complaining in a few months, so I can ask if they VOTED!!!What in the world is wrong with these "citizens"?
NO GUTS, NO GLORY

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ladr what is wrong with those citizens is that they don't give a *. If they really cared they would vote. They'll get the kind of government they deserve.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I work with a guy, fifty-two years old, who has never voted in his life. He's real opinionated about things political, he's a gun owner, property owner, but doesn't care enough to register and vote.Everytime he gets to carrying-on about some politician he doesn't agree with, or complaining 'cause taxes are too high, I tell him he might be able to change things if he would bother to vote.I always get the same answer: "It doesn't make any difference who you elect, they're all the same. Republicans, Democrats, just different names for the same crooks."A couple of years ago the citizens of Washington State overwhelmingly passed an initiative measure to lower automobile license tags to a flat-rate of $30.00 per year. Before that they were based on the State's valuation of your vehicle and they were outrageously high.My non-voting working partner recently bought a new Ford 4X4 with every bell and whistle he could get. I asked him how he liked paying 30 bucks to license it instead of the seven to eight hundred he would have paid prior to the passage of the initiative?He told me he thought it was great. I told him he should thank me and the other registered voters in the state, because if we all felt like he did, the thing would never have passed.He said, "Ah hell, you're only talking about one vote. One vote doesn't make any difference..."Some people just don't get it.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.[This message has been edited by Lowrider (edited 11-07-2001).]
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, even after the 2000 election... Still, I'm not surprised. Seems the Taliban has us nailed pretty well. We're shallow, selfish, and easily bored. Christ, Jefferson would be ashamed if he had seen what had become of the country he worked so damn hard to birth. Can't we found our own country? Anyone who doesn't vote gets booted off the island.
  • Options
    averagedudeaveragedude Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like I tell all my non-voting friends. You didn't vote... You have no right to complain.