In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hate Mail from the Misinformed-"You NRA gun toting psycopathic wackos "

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Please take the time to respond to this mental midget *,Josey
Hate Mail from the MisinformedThe following message was sent to KeepAndBearArms.com's Founder, Angel Shamaya, on the date listed in the message header below. We left the typos in place -- it is unedited. Below the letter is her full message header, for you technically savvy folks who'd like to assist her network administrator in addressing the following internet hatespeech.If we believed Mrs. Porter was actually open to legitimate dialog, there is much we could say to assist her through her troubles. Perhaps you may have more time and patience than we believe her verbal assault warrants...From: "Andrea Porter" porterfamily46@hotmail.com To: director@keepandbeararms.com Subject: GunsDate sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:39:25 +0000The things you believe today are appaling. You NRA gun toting psycopathic wackos are probably the kind of people who hijack planes and ram them into the WTC. If you knew anything you would realize that guns are tearing this country apart. Did you know that 13 children a day are killed by guns. Thats like 4745 a year!! For a civilized country, thats bad. Japan has gun control and their murders are down to about none. Its time you wake up and smell the coffee, because you are living in the past. If you are afraid of someone breaking into your house put locks on your doors and get a big dog. What is wrong with banning dangerous guns like machineguns and assault weapons? I bet murders and school shootings would go down a lot. Who needs a machinegun to hunt deer? Thats what the second amendment is about. Your site should be shut down. This is 2001, you dont need guns to defend yourself. That is why we have a police force. The second amendment should be banned.
Full headers...Received: from hotmail.com [207.68.163.105] by keepandbeararms.com with ESMTP(SMTPD32-6.00) id A6E8DB00086; Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:11:04 -0800Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:39:26 -0800Received: from 208.20.40.193 by sea1fd.sea1.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP;Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:39:25 GMTX-Originating-IP: [208.20.40.193]From: "Andrea Porter" To: director@keepandbeararms.comSubject: GunsDate: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:39:25 +0000Mime-Version: 1.0Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowedMessage-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 10 Nov 2001 01:39:26.0069 (UTC) FILETIME=[87F76250:01C16988]X-RCPT-TO: Status: U http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2826

Comments

• Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    1.Doesn't the * know that machineguns are under tight control by the government?2. She's too stupid to understand that "assault weapons" have full auto capabilties?3. Is she too rockheaded to understand that all that is legal out there is semi-auto's?No doubt she is angry because her husband spends more time with his AKS than with her.To finalize, someone should email her and ask if she is a blonde!
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess she doesn't read the news either...NO GUNS were used in the hyjackings!When are we going to see automatic automobiles outlawed, as I'm quite sure that more children are killed every day by them. And how about gasoline, cause if you have gas, that might make it possible to illegaly operate that car. Actually maybe we ought to demiliterize them all....if she doesn't believe in the second amendment, and believes that the police have a obligation to defend us, then she might as well go running down the streets of caprini green with her cloths off and hands tied behind her back....I bet she supports pro choice, how many babies has she supported the murder of....( I know, shut up while you still can...)
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another candidate for the loony bin.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry troops... I read this nincompoop's rant and couldn't help myself. Sent this to her.Ms. Porter,Just read your e-mail to "Keep and Bear Arms" and I must say that your lack of knowledge regarding your rant is only outdone by your inability to express yourself coherently. Maybe you were just overcome with emotion when you wrote it.First of all:If it weren't for guns, we would (at best) be singing "God Save the Queen" or (at worst)"Deutschland Uber Alles".Secondly:Police protection? The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no responsibility for the protection of an individual citizen. Why do you think that you are more likely to read about the police "investigating" a crimethan you are to read about them "preventing" a crime?You are living in a fantasy world if you think all the evil people in the world are going to lay down their weapons and "play nice".I had to use a gun to protect my daughter's life and my own at 1:30 AM when a man, wielding a baseball bat, broke into my home, bludgeoned my "big dog" to death, and then came after us. There were no police there to prevent this maniac from injuring or killing us. I had to do it myself. WITH A GUN. Iremarked to the police that were there to "investigate" that I (being 6'6" and 250 lbs.) could have probably stopped him without having to shoot him. Their reply, and I quote, "No, you did the right thing. He could have been on PCP and we'd have been scraping you off the walls."Have you ever had to defend yourself from a threat like that? I'll bet not.So stop passing judgement on something you know absolutely nothing about.By the way. machine guns have been strictly regulated since the '30's. Assault weapons (and I don't mean the guns you liberal gun-grabbers CALL assault weapons) have been strictly regulated since 1986. A true "assault weapon" is one that has a fully automatic capability. They are not what youpeople call an assault weapon because it has a bayonet lug or a pistol grip or some other, strictly cosmetic, attachment. You are one of the people who have heard Diane Feinstein or Charlie Schumer refer to semi-automatic rifles as "assault weapons" and, because you don't know any more about what you'retalking about than they do, you jumped on the "ban" wagon.ps. THE SECOND AMENDMENT ISN'T ABOUT HUNTING!!!!!Brad Eney
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge, I think you said it all. The only thing is, the author of the e-mail sounded as if she were in the seventh or eighth grade. You used "big" words and probably confused her to no end.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."[This message has been edited by Mark II (edited 11-10-2001).]
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudge - You're the man. Keep us posted if/when she replies.
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MUDGE ROCKS
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps someone should calmy explain to Ms. Porter that no 'gunnut' will bother her - or help her out if and when she needs saving from a true psycho knife-wielding perp intent on killing her and her children. Further, we gunnuts will feel badly at her horrible and painfully tortured death, knowing that a single, well-placed shot could have allowed her and her children to live safe and wonderful lives. I am assuming that she really believes all guns are bad and that no one should own one. If guns are not good for citizens, then no policeman should have one either, and certainly not someone in the military. After all, can she delegate killing to someone else? Is it OK for one person to be able to kill for her? It would be hypocritical for Ms. Porter to allow someone to use a gun and kill anyone or anything else. Guess that rabid '* in her neighborhood should also be allowed to run free, biting children and pets, until it dies a horrid and painful death.It is really unfortunate that 'civilized' society allows people with no sense of logic or any hint of intelligence, like Ms. Porter, to live amongst us. It would be most humane to A) prevent them from breeding, and B) euthanize them as soon as it can be seen that they are a danger to themselves and society.
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Here's the one I sent: Did you know that the planes were hijacked with knives and boxcutters? Taht a passenger with a gun could have stopped it? That more children are killed in traffic accidents in Japan than guns in the US? [Since she's spouting unsubstantiated statistics, I thought I would too] That the NRA has taught over 4million kids gun safety with their Eddie Eagle program in the public schools? That you can have this program in your school with a phone call? That child deaths involving guns are down over 50% in the last 20 yrs.? That machineguns were outlawed in 1938? That the statistics you quote are compiled by anti-gunners who are served by misinforming the public? That people do not hunt with machineguns. That the purpose of police is to maintain social order and not to protect you from a burglar. That a dog will become your friend for a T-bone steak? Please do not let Oprah Winfrey and Rosie O'Donnel do your thinking for you as they are anti-gun and have you brain-washed into believing them.[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 11-11-2001).]