In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new toy on the way (masuer m 48)

mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
well guys i did. just ordered a m48 mauser. thanks for all of your comments. i decided to go with mitchells to ensure quality if though it was bit more than i wanted to pay. should be hear in a couple of weeks i hope sooner than later.by the way can you guys educate me on long eye relief scopes. want to put one on the m48 which i know you can do but can you put one on a mosin nagant.thanksmdcac

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    sorry i misspelled mauser could edit the title of the post.
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mdcac:Have you ever considered building a rifle around that Mauser action? I know that it's cheaper and easier just to buy a .300 mag or .338 but, dang, that action is smoooottthhhh!I would be curious to learn of your reaction when you get the Mitchel. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there a website for Mitchell's? I saw one of their Mausers on GB a month or so ago and now I want one and can't seem to locate them anywhere. By the way, do you mind me asking what a Mitchell's Mauser ran you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you can find their web page easily enough by searching for mitchells mausers. i have though of building a gun off the mauser but cant' afford to do so right now and besides the 8mm is a pretty good round. the action is definitly smooth.i deceided to go with collectors grade which cost me 300 bucks. it was a little more than i wanted to spend but as you may or may not know the mitchell mauser were extremely well cared for while in storage and were regreased every 5 to 10 years. also i wanted all the accessors to be in good condition so didn't mind paying a little more. they have what they call their standard grade which is 225 but has more handling marks. i ran accross a m48A (i think) here in dallas that was 200 bucks and looked in good condition but didn't have any accessories and m48 that was in real nice condition for 265 but it didn't have any goodies with it. from the feel i have gotten this is fair price. i talked to some guys on this board and the recommend mithchells some one else got one from wholesale guns and ammo and said it was in 98% for 180 but don't know the if it came with any extas. i don't mind paying a little extra for a perfect gun. i will be sure to post my comments and opinions on the gun i receive from mitchells. they do quarrantee it. also something i like is that they sell a long eye relief scope you can mount without permantly altering the gun and an adjustable trigger.more to followmdcac
  • Options
    edited November -1
    there phone number is 800.274.4124 if you cant find the website.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    www.mitchellsales.com
    Guns don't kill people, it's the bullets, stupidI am the NRA, the KABA, NJ Area Rep for the 2ampd, and the AARP :(njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Have been participating in a chat room at milsurpshooter.net in which many have bad reviews on Mitchell. They are over priced and quality is sketchy. I ordered their price list and they start at $225 up to $495 for collector quality. I bought and have seen unissued at $200. I would consider mine collector quality as it came w/all accessories and not a scratch on it. The auction has had many examples lately from $135 to $200. If you're really interested call Paula Powers at MY OUTDOOR PLACE 888-237-6320. She also has extensive feedback at the auction. Tell her John Barton sent you. She doesn't actually know me, but she might remember my name through business dealing. [This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 10-09-2001).][This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 10-11-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i wish i had have heard this sooner. several people recommended mitchells to me. i will give the gun a thourough review when it arrives and let you all know my opinions and i won't hesitate to send it back. i saw some good looking guns for 200 but they didn't include any accessories.let ya knowmdcac
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh heck! Don't look back. 20/20 hindsight just gives you a headache.I'm sure you'll get a good rifle. Clean it, load it & hang on tight!Have fun.
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said, DD.
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry mdcac I knew I shouldn't have done it. I have the same problem. Thinking if I don't get it today it will be gone tomorrow. I've tried to control myself, but I think I've done it again on another auction today and some in the past. However many guns I buy, I'll always be one shy. I just rec. confirmation of win on a Mas 49/56 with 4 mags, night sight, grenade launcher attatchment, rubber butt pad, and all acc. in new unissued cond. for $299. Mdcac, he also has an unissued M48A w/accessories for $199. Go to gunshowauction.com Curio&Relics you have 6 days. He has had it there for about 2mo. so you probably will be the only bidder. I don't see anything wrong with having 2.[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 10-10-2001).]