In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spit on me, will you?

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I am in the Army and am facing being deployed to open some cans of whoop * on the pieces of trash that violated our national security. I am, as it turns out, following in my Dad's footprints, who was a decorated Vietnam veteran.Het once told me that when he came back to the USA on 4 July 1969, he was greeted by a group of demonstrators at the Seattle airport and was promptly spit on and called "baby killer" and all those other cute names.So, here he is, an Airborne Ranger, just back from saving his life for 365 straight days in a country who couldn't give a darn about him, and returns to a country that couldn't give a darn about him. What does he do? Nothing. He walks by and offered the explaination that he did not want to stoop to their level.I, my friends, will not be as noble. Even bfore the troops are on the ground, universities accross the nation are vamping up their demonstrations to stop the violence. Stop the violence? It hasn't even started.My brothers in arms are deploying to meet a cowardly enemy. When I come back, I will not tolerate some punk reliving the 60's by spitting on me. I will put myself in prison for battery with intent to kill if one of those "peaceful" protesters hocks a lugey at me.Anybody feel the same way?Brian[This message has been edited by nunn (edited 09-20-2001).][This message has been edited by nunn (edited 09-21-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brian, when you return I will be waving a U.S. Flag thanking you for your service.Heck, I'll have a case of cold beer ready for you if you want.THANK YOUPiss on those anti-war demonstrators. If you want, I'll block everyone's view if you want to punch them in the mouth.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RedlegLet us know when and where you're coming back. I'll be there to walk with you and I'll bet a lot of others here will be too.
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Redleg, God Bless...and when you get back, I'll make that one more case of beer.I got a brother,30 years younger than me, headed for Yemen. He's a Marine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, I better start keeping track....Concealed, that's one case of beer from you...4000fps, that's another case from you...I should have done this a long time ago!Brian
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Screw these liberal scum. Anybody spits on ya, make sure you set them up for a new set of dentures and a thin soup diet for the next 6 months. Best of luck over there man, and give 'em what they deserve.Lowrider, U.S. Army 1968-1971.
  • Options
    2manyguns2manyguns Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    God be with you Brian, I hope you kill Osama Bin Laden personally. I would be going there to, to personally kill him, but I just compeleted Special Forces training, and I have a year to wait, and Keep in shape before I can start the real stuff. Hope you, and all your brothers come back alive. GOOD LUK , and open a whole case of whoop * on those bastards.P.S. ILL have a stripper, and a case of beer for you when you come back.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Redleg....just another thought. The cowardly * that spits on you is gonna' be hard to catch. They'll run at the first hard look. They refuse to serve but they'll be the first ones to demand the rights you've protected for them. Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Brian, put me down for a 5th of Jack Daniels bro.........Thanks and Good Luck, and may GOD go with you.....
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Brian: Thank you in advance for what you and the rest of our military are about to do. Let me know also when you are coming home. I would be proud to welcome you back with the respect that you deserve.Proud veteran of the US Army
    Guns don't kill people, it's the bullets, stupidI am the NRA, the KABA, the 2ampd, and the AARP njretcop@copmail.com[This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Go to it Sir. I salute you for all of us who can't. A freind of mine at work said we should just send over a bunch of Rednecks and tell em it's open season. I told him "HELL I would even by tags!!!!" I'll double Bubba's Jack and throw in some chasers.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Redleg, you get a fifth of your choice when you get back. And if there are any stupid anti American * waiting to greet you I'm sure the other members of this board will be willing to educate them. I'm too old and retired USMC, but it sure would be good to get back on active duty and go kick some *. OOOHRAH![This message has been edited by badboybob (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg, Good luck, God bless, and come home safe!! I've got bail money if ya get too drunk and punch an anti. anyway!!!
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg, I was there, I saw it, That guy had his arm raised and was going to strike you. You were only defending yourself. When you get back Ill be one of the thousands waving a flag and cheering.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg -These guys are cheapskates! Put me down for a fifth of Glenlivet. Come back in one piece, bud.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just come back, Son, just come back.Clouder..
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Hey Brian,Get the idea we're behind you! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. We will welcome you with open arms. If someone spits on you, you'll have to get in line to before you can batter anyone. We'll do it for you! Good Luck, and God Bless!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow!!! You guys are amazing! I count myself lucky to be a gun-toting America and I count myself lucky to know people like you. Just know that whatever branch we servicemembers are in, we are incredibly highly trained and ready to accomplish our mission. If I find myself on a two-way rifle range in the next few weeks, I am going to hold all of you to your promises of liquor when I get back!!!Oh yeah, remember Desert Storm? When that was going on, I was only a Boy Scout trying to get my Eagle Scout. My project was to raise gifts for the soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines deployed to SWA. When that time of year comes around again, you all should contact the USO (you know, the guys who bring the Playmates of the year over to wherever we are) and send small care packages. Just try to sneak in some booze!!I ain't going yet, but I'll let you know when. There are others out there who are leaving like the Marines at Camp Lejune, NC. If you are nearby, show your support!Brian
    Crush your enemies, drive their horses before you, hear the lamentation of their women.--Genghis Khan
  • Options
    2manyguns2manyguns Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope Im accepted into the special forces, I didnt go through all that hell for nothing! If only I joined about a year earlier I would be going, and I wouldnt come back until Osama Bin Laden was dead!
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg- I hope you guys get a green light to go all the way. Best wishes for your health and safety and success. Keep us posted if possible. The country is definitely behind you!
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    redlegrest assured that the biganimal will be watching for those that disrespect our servicemen and women, and will take appropiate action. I too suffered this degrading crap when I returned from Nam in '73 and I won't stand for it NOW!served in U.S.M.C. 72-74 U.S ARMY 74-80 U.S.A.R. 80-85 N.Y.A.N.G. 85-87I am a PROUD Vet and I'm very proud of any person that serves our great country.btw, thanks for serving
  • Options
    berto64berto64 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg, Please go and do what is required of you with full knowledge that your country and especially it's veterans support you. God Bless and Keep you. (I'll have some Henry Whienhart rootbeer and vanilla cream soda waiting)berto64aka SGT R Baczik ra15834944 US Armydisabled vet. RVN 69-71
    What! Trade my M-14 for that plastic piece of ___t!Endeavor to Persevere[This message has been edited by berto64 (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg,Best of luck to ya pardner and I'll have a case of cold ones and a bottle of whatever you want waitin' when you get back home! Remember to keep your head down when they'reshootin,and give'em hell when they not!! Take care of yourself bud!!!! Doug
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take care of yourself Redleg, and remember all these guys are going to expect you to pay for the party if you don't go anywhere. We will all be happy for you if it works that way too.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg, If anyone spits on you point him out. I'm getting a little old but I'm still a feisty old sob and can still fight! He won't spit on you twice. RosieGod speed son, God speed[This message has been edited by Rosie (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With tears in my eyes I send prayers to all who are headed over and pray they make it home safe.God Bless and stay safe!If anyone spits on anyone.......smack!
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sentiments echo what everyone else feels. Go give 'em hell! We're behind you all the way.As for the booze, I guess I'll kick in a couple fifths of Crown (this could get big). I'll bring a couple cases of water and a barrel of Tylenol for the next morning, too.All my best, my friend.