In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which Colt?

DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I have the opportunity to buy a few Colt's at a great price from a good friend. He's an FFL who is offering me a crack at his personal collection. I don't have the funds to buy all of them right now, nor do I know if I want all of them.Here's the dilemma:Colt CCO (45) ChromeColt CCO (45) StainlessColt Commander (45) StainlessAll are the same price. They all have the original box and have had about a box of ammo through each. I don't have much experience with Colts, but I know I'd like to have one of these fine pieces, especially for the price. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heh heh he...let us know which one you buy and, if the price is right, I'll buy one of the stainless ones
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the commander if you are going to carry it on your person. If you want to shoot target, get the 5". The chrome is ok, but for some reason, the chrome has a tendency to peel over time.
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Commander first. If you can make a gentleman's agrrement to get the other two later. Try not to let a good deal get away. If you can't then at least you have the one that can cover the most bases.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of vultures. I can't believe ANY of you would try to take advantage of a situation like this. And ALL of you fine, upstanding members of the Smoking Jacket club. I'm aghast, nay flabbergasted!!I want the Commander!!!!!Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe it is nickel plated, not chrome.
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, what would happen if it was chrome instead of nickel? I know it's factory original and it's never been fired. I looked at them nearly a month ago and can't remember for myself if it's really chrome or nickel. My FFL friend gave me a list after we were done looking at them and it's listed as chrome, but he may have been mistaken. Would this change the opinion or value? I have no idea. Maybe Colt has never made a CCO model in chrome. Thanks for the replies.