In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what happened to N.Y.sportsman magazene

hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
anybody know ? it seems to have been replaced by n.y game and fish .i don't fish much and they do.

Comments

• Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wrench- not sure about the NY Sportsman, however I can recall for years a respective Gams&Fish in whichever state I've been stationed or lived in. As far back as I can remember (I know 25 years ain't much compared to some ) it's always been G&FFerg
    Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently the same thing that happened to the PA edition. They got bought out by another magazine. I don't know about the NY edition but the PA replacement is not nearly as good.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to get the North Carolina Sportsman. It just as well be named North Carolina Fisherman. Even during Nov-Dec 95% was about fishing. I don't know about everyone else but during November when the rut is on I am not much interested in fishing. Like reading about the big ole bucks.
  • Options
    hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats my point .it is not as good of a mag .it is a poor replacement for what i thought a great mag .if it was an allrite mag i ( we ) wouldn't be dissappointed .what ticked me off is paying for two subscriptions and getting this imposter mag as an replacement .i would of preferred a refund . i don't know if it's worth going after one .
  • Options
    PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Wrench, I had the same reaction about canceling but I live in ct and it's the only way to keep up on PA game news except for the Game Commission's web site which tends to be one sided. So I guess I'll reserve judgement and see if the new people can get it right. Maybe a letter to the editor would be in order.