In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Houston Gun Collectors Show

tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well, folks. We've been to a lot of gun shows in our days. But, we've NEVER been to one with more patrons than the two day event this past weekend at Reliant Center in Houston.
The area is huge! There must have been 20,000 people in attendance at any one time. I would estimate approx. 1200 tables with venders from as far away as OK., La. Miss. and ARK.
TwoDogs had his tables at the VERY FRONT [he must have greased the Matrede's palms] and had some good looking pistols and custom made knives. Every time I made it by his spot he was always busy.
I managed to find a neat little .22 carbine, finally got one of my Glocks fitted with Meprolite nite sites and QB had some custom work done on her CCW pistol.

OutdoorsTexas...no luck on the .22, yet! Twodogs got the copies and we'll keep lookin'.

Tideman [Plinkin' in TEXAS]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"

Comments

• outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the effort!

Did QB find the knife she was looking for? Would think Howard could order about anything she wants. He did say the show was busy!
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy, Jerry!

No, sir. She looked at a lot of different blades. But, nothing seemed to be just what the Dr. ordered.
    I guess it's just about like buying clothes. It's gonna' have to fit before she buys it.

I got the info in the mail this afternoon. It's really interesting stuff. I'll start hittin' the pawn shops again [anything for an excuse] and keep a keen eye out.

We'll stay in touch.

Tideman [Swamped in TEXAS]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"