In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much have you paid to ship/receive a rifle?

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in General Discussion
I have shipped/received a few rifles after buying/selling them at auction, through USPS.
All had delivery confirmation/tracking numbers on them.

Some of the costs (including insurance) were,
$17.55--$12.05--$22.50--$20.20--$15.85

What is the highest you have paid, or heard of someone paying, for shipping a rifle?

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Comments

• Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Most I have paid is a flat $25 for shipping a long gun I bought online.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Well being as how I live way the heck out in the middle of nowhere a buyer has paid as much as $100.00 plus change to ship VIA USPS to ship to AZ. Of course it was a 50 BMG and the whole package weighed 67 pounds. I set a maximum shipping charge on my sales at $25 for the average 7.5 pound rifle and if it cost more than that, I pay the difference.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://www.galleryofguns.com

VIP Code: 900440

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay. I'm ignorant. I'll just say that RIGHT UP FRONT so I don't draw fire.

Do you have to have an FFL to ship via USPS? If so, I'm just screwed then because I've paid through the nose to ship via FedEX in the past. UPS won't ship for me because I don't have an FFL.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $31.00, but I OVERINSURED the Automag I sent. It would have been $18.00 if I remember right. Some sellers are charging an arm and a leg for shipping lately.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I have shipped/received a few rifles after buying/selling them at auction, through USPS.
    All had delivery confirmation/tracking numbers on them.

Some of the costs (including insurance) were,
    $17.55--$12.05--$22.50--$20.20--$15.85

What is the highest you have paid, or heard of someone paying, for shipping a rifle?

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM Shriner Life Member
  • Options
    calamitywoodcalamitywood Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if i recall ups won't ship handguns but will ship long guns and you don't need an ffl as long as you are shipping to an ffl holder. the law for shipping handguns are a little different. i think handguns must be shipped next day air but don't shoot me if i'm mistaken. oh yes anyone can ship but it must go to an ffl holder.
  • Options
    calamitywoodcalamitywood Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok now i see you said usps not ups sorry. forget the ups comment
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    idsman75,
    Rifles = no, do it all the time.
    The clerks sometimes have to educated about it. [;)]
    Pistols = yes, need FFL.

• Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I just shipped one to a gunsmith and it cost me $45 with insurance to Maine. Reason so high is $2000 in insurance and that was under insured IMHO. Normally any where from $15 to $30 depending on insurance and where. Handguns have been running me less than $10 to ship.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Interesting the quotes you have for shipping guns.

I just shipped one to alaska and it cost me $74 bucks at a FedEx pack and ship place.

I didnt have a box or hardcase and after the rifle was packaged up by them (which I was charged for) it exceeded the overall size of 90 something sq inches.

There is a charge for oversize as well.

Did I pay too much?, maybe, but you tell the shipping company that its to much I aint.

Plus when I give a rifle away and am paying shipping on it as well I sure as hell am not going to take the time to drive all over town to find a better rate.

As a final thought, try to ship a rifle to alaska(insured) for 12 or 13 dollars, maybe by USPS but I refuse to ship a gun USPS.

JuJu(not a shipping expert)
  • Options
    Doc FeelgoodDoc Feelgood Member Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most I have ever paid for a long gun was $30.00 and that one was shipped in a really nice hard case.
  • Options
    MuffinmanMuffinman Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paided $25.00 for shipping for a New in the box nothing missing and every extra you could buy H&K 91 Sarco. Even came with 10 Metal and 10 Waffle mags in the wrapper.

Still in the box too!
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:JuJu(not a shipping expert

No kidding.[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns