In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

does anyone remember this

ChadfromCanadaChadfromCanada Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
most likely you haven't heard about this because it happened in canada, but in manitoba i believe, this house was raided and about 100 guns were found in the basement, ranging from .30 cal mg's to sniper rifles, and i think most of them were unregistered(do you need to register guns in usa?). anyway i thought i would share this with you, it was quite interesting at the time

CZ 750 S M1. Drool.
CZ_750_S_M1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MarksmenMarksmen Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No regestering unless Class III or you live in a communist state. Canada sounds bad.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Sorry to state..but every firearm sold through a dealer in the USA is registered.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Registration is left up to the states to decide. Some do, some don't. I woudlnt' register a firearm even if they told me I had to.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever you buy a handgun in the US and travel to Canada within the same month do not be surprised if the customs agent asks you if you have a handgun in your car.

When they searched my vehicle they said that when they ran my drivers license I came up as a recent handgun purchaser. So much for the purchase records not beiong used as registration.

The difference that we have here in the free states left in the US is that the government has only the record of the purchase and presumed ownership but not the location or use of the firearm. Have no fear we will be cathing up with our neighbors to the north in a few years and many gun owners and hunters will vote for it willingly.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry to bust anybodies 'bubble'..but the batf has for years fanned out across the country..copying dealers records..and all expired ffl records are put on the big computer in the sky...

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some states require that ALL firearms go through a dealer, and therefore are recorded. Other states still allow person to person sales with no records being kept. Depends on where you live.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well in 12 years I've sold a lot of guns and the BATF has visited me once.Never copied anything down from the 4473s.So I guess all the guns I sold are unregistered.

[^]

ATF
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball,where did you get that info?

[:(]

ATF
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF, I am buying all my guns from you from now on.[^]

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    News reports..and personally talking to dealers who have had the batf camp on their doorstep for 3 days,writing down every line in the record.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Highball,I guess it's all in where you're loacated?

[:)]

ATF<P><br>