In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A few Random Thoughts & Questions

jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When did politicians stop doing whats best for the people who elect them and start doing whats best for them? It seems that now its all about the power and not about the people.

Why are the Democrats and Liberals so afraid of honest americans owning a firearm? What are they afraid of?

How did we ever get through WW1 and WW2 and even Viet Nam and Korea when even the loss of one solider in Iraq causes front page headlines to scream we are in a quagmire?

With all the social, economic, political, racial, religious and ethnic diversity and the friction betwen them on so many different issues, why havent we as country just imploded before now? Other countries do with far less internal friction.

Will we all ever learn "to just get along" ?

Are UFO's from outer space, manmade secret aircraft, or a cosmic anomoly?

How many people here have won something and then sold it for profit?

Why is it that no matter who is in the office of the President they seem to age significantly in just 4 years? Ever noticed that?

Anybody else notice that social order began to break down about the time that families started to become 2 income families, you know, both parents working?

Why is it that the highest crime rates per capita are in the liberal strongholds?

Why is it that no matter what generation or what war,conflict/police action we as a country find ourselves involved in, we seem to have the finest solider on the battlefield and the most compassionate solider after the conflict is over?

How can our elected officials justify spending 100's of thousands of dollars on the sex life of a snail for example and not increase funding for cancer research?

Why do we as a people let them spend that way without answering to us at the polls.

When did special interest groups obtain rule over this country, regardless of who is in power?

California, just why?

New York, same question?

Senator Kennedy, how is it possible that he is still alive after the abuse his liver has taken over the years?

Am I the only one who misses only 3 channels to chose from?

When did the teaching of history in our schools become a means of pushing a social or political agenda and why do we let it continue?

Does PABOOGER really wear shorts like that?

Am I the only one who as I get older looks in a mirror and thinks "jeez, I cant look like that" ?

Do I really look like that?

When did the love of the money become more important than the love of the game?

Who really cares about Janet's boob?

Am I the only one who is addicted to the History,TLC,Discovery and cartoon channels?

Ever wonder about where your life would have taken you if you had made a different choice many years ago?

Am I the only one who is amazed at how fast kids learn computers nowadays?

Am I the only one who thinks that if they cut my future retirement benefits that I will for once actually picket in Washington?

Am I the only one who sometimes thinks that EMM and Hairy might be some of the nicest people in the world if I could just meet them?

Am I the only one who thinks they will carry a gun if they do meet them(just in case[;)])?

Why didnt pay phones alwyas have a line waiting to use them?Especially since everybody is always on a cell nowadays.

Am I the only one who thinks about how much the gold foil and gold parts we left on the moon are worth now, and about how in heck do I get it back?

Is anybody else as claustrophobic as I am, or am I just weird?

Why cant gun owners get organized? Even PETA has a better org than we do.

Am I the only one who thinks prison should be for sexual predators and violent criminals and other crimes should be punished by different means, the ultimate goal of which is restitution to the victims or society?

Why am I putting all this drivel down here in cyberspace?

Why are some of the best people I have met been people I have never met except on a message board?

Does money automaticaly give you wisdom? If not, then why does society as a whole think so?

Why am I still up at this time of night?

Why does the thought of hunting deer,elk or antelope appeal to me and the thought of hunting Moose holds no appeal at all?

Why when there is a shooting is the suspect almost always described as a white male with an assualt weapon when that is not usually the case?

Did anybody really buy Chief Moose's book? If so, why?

Am I the only one who as a kid thought he could fly if he just tried hard enough?

Am I the only one who as a kid thought he wanted to be a policeman or fireman and it just didnt turn out that way?

Am I the only one who thanks god daily that I was born in this country and not another?

Am I the only one who can not pass a street beggar one day without giving cloths or money to them and the next day walk right by another person without so much as a second look, if not how can I do that?

Does anybody else think one day that they dont have enough guns/ammo and the next think they have to many?

Is it true I wonder that god does not deduct from a mans life the days he spends fishing?

Am I the only one who seems to be getting more religious as I get older? and why is that?

Am I the only male who seems to cry more now thn I did as a kid and for more strange reasons? (Movies, plight of others, etc)

Am I the only person who does not give people "second chances" when it comes to friendship?

Am I the only one who wonders when I see others die or get sick or injured think, that could well be me and why wasnt it?

Enough for now I must ponder these and other mysteries of the universe, perhaps the answers will come to me in a dream[?]

JuJu(a pondering fool this evening)

Comments

• daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Do you think of that all at one time?[:0]
    Reducing our benefits promised by "our" money is a crime. I could have taken that 15% and made a more secure future. The government cannot run anything productively and that is "fraud"!
    UFO's do exist-where they come from is another question.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Juju,

My God man!!! Fist of all, how do you find the time to think of all of this, and then... WHY? You certainly have some very insightful thoughts, thanks for stimulating my mind. Are you sure you don't work for the US Government [;)]?

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny you should mention it, but there was a liberal documentary on "Frontline" tonight about Iraq, and one of the senior officers said what we all know is true, that this may be the urban war with the fewest casualties IN ALL HISTORY. Since when does a superpower fight a war and take an entire country with 500 casualties, or even five thousand? Yet a segment of the American people have become spoiled enough to think of it as a quagmire. Or at least some politicians cynically claim to think so.

As for politicians themselves, they seem to learn that smug behavior from one another these days. The popular phrase you hear from them is "I'm doing the RIGHT THING." But you don't hear them say they are doing what their own voters WANT them to do. In fact, often it's quite clear the voters are shouting for them to do SOMETHING ELSE! It's a sign of empty arrogance that they truly believe they know better than the folks they are supposed to represent, but don't. IMHO.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Am I the only one who is addicted to the History, TLC, Discovery and cartoon channels?

No, you're not the only one.....uh, wait....cartoon channels? [:D]

quote:Ever wonder about where your life would have taken you if you had made a different choice many years ago?

Oh yeah, you betcha...but you know what? I'm glad I'm where I am at, right now! How 'bout you?

quote:Why does the thought of hunting deer,elk or antelope appeal to me and the thought of hunting Moose holds no appeal at all?

quote:Did anybody really buy Chief Moose's book? If so, why?

I think you just answered your own question, Juju![:D][:D]

quote:Am I the only one who thanks god daily that I was born in this country and not another?

Oh no...welcome to the club, brother![^][^]

quote:Does anybody else think one day that they dont have enough guns/ammo and the next think they have to <sic> many?

You have GOT to be kidding! There is NO such thing as TOO MANY guns/ammo![:p][:D]

Big Al
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Why cant gun owners get organized? Even PETA has a better org than we do.

[big sigh] Good question.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Am I the only one who sometimes thinks that EMM and Hairy might be some of the nicest people in the world if I could just meet them?

Am I the only one who thinks they will carry a gun if they do meet them(just in case)?
    ROFLMAO [:D] [:D] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    "Am I the only one who seems to be getting more religious as I get older? and why is that?"

No my friend you are not!

My friend that was told he has terminal cancer last week asked me a funny but realistic question the other day as I was taking him to his chemo treatment. He was telling me that he had talked to a preacher and my friend is not one to be religous. After talking to the preacher he asked me what if He!! is actually growing older and spending more time on this troubled planet. He figures that those that die young are heading to heaven sooner as a reward from God. He was very upset that he probably will not live 3 more years to be 50 but now he has a new outlook on that. He now figures God has a plan for him and it is best to let God guide him. Yes I did have a tear in the corner of my eye when he told me that! I reckon that answers another of you questions as to crying as well!

As to the cartoon channel, one of our TVs is on it 24-7! We have a dog that when we leave the house will howl if the TV is not left on the cartoons! Go figure!

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought I was the only one who kept a tv on for the dogs.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Now leave my shorts out of it!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JUJU.....That' DEEP, man. You must be on the pot. JUST KIDDING!!

I know what you are saying.....I thought I was the only one asking those kind of questions.

ONLY YOU SAID IT BETTER!

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always wondered what exactly a "Brick fooeyhouse" looks like.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I actually heard some NPR bozo saying Iraq was just like Vietnam and calling all the old protesters to the streets again to end another war. Something to do with their kids as a sort of bonding thing. You know like protesting the war will bring you closer? I've been amazed at how few soldiers' lives have been lost in such a massive undertaking. We lost that many in a week during 'Nam. Plus, this is a volunteer army now. It's not like some kid was drafted out of highschool and had no choice but to go.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    JuJu: quote:Am I the only one who sometimes thinks that EMM and Hairy might be some of the nicest people in the world if I could just meet them?

Am I the only one who thinks they will carry a gun if they do meet them(just in case)?How did you know I have a CCW? [:D]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
    Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1)When did politicians stop doing whats best for the people who elect them and start doing whats best for them? It seems that now its all about the power and not about the people. ABOUT 1780.

2)Why are the Democrats and Liberals so afraid of honest americans owning a firearm? What are they afraid of? THE PEOPLE HAVING POWER.

3)How did we ever get through WW1 and WW2 and even Viet Nam and Korea when even the loss of one solider in Iraq causes front page headlines to scream we are in a quagmire? LIBERAL, ANTI-BUSH MEDIA.

4)With all the social, economic, political, racial, religious and ethnic diversity and the friction betwen them on so many different issues, why havent we as country just imploded before now? Other countries do with far less internal friction.
    WE HAVEN'T IMPLODED..YET

5)Will we all ever learn "to just get along" ?
    NO. (IT HAS TO DO WITH "TRIBES")

6)Are UFO's from outer space, manmade secret aircraft, or a cosmic anomoly? YES

7)How many people here have won something and then sold it for profit? LOTS

8)Why is it that no matter who is in the office of the President they seem to age significantly in just 4 years? Ever noticed that? PRESSURE

9)Anybody else notice that social order began to break down about the time that families started to become 2 income families, you know, both parents working?
    YOU HAVE AN AMAZING GRASP OF THE OBVIOUS!

10)Why is it that the highest crime rates per capita are in the liberal strongholds?
    NO SELF DEFENSE ALLOWED

11)Why is it that no matter what generation or what war,conflict/police action we as a country find ourselves involved in, we seem to have the finest solider on the battlefield and the most compassionate solider after the conflict is over?
    BECAUSE WE'RE BASICALLY GOOD, PATRIOTIC PEOPLE

12)How can our elected officials justify spending 100's of thousands of dollars on the sex life of a snail for example and not increase funding for cancer research?
    THEY'RE STUPID

13)Why do we as a people let them spend that way without answering to us at the polls.
    WE'RE STUPID

14)When did special interest groups obtain rule over this country, regardless of who is in power? ABOUT 1780

15)California, just why? HAS TO DO WITH GRANOLA

16)New York, same question? RAT THEORY

17)Senator Kennedy, how is it possible that he is still alive after the abuse his liver has taken over the years? GOD HATES US.

18)Am I the only one who misses only 3 channels to chose from?
    YES.

19)When did the teaching of history in our schools become a means of pushing a social or political agenda and why do we let it continue? ABOUT 1960..WE'VE NO POWER OVER ELECTED OFFICIALS ANYMORE.

20)Does PABOOGER really wear shorts like that? I DON'T WANNA' THINK ABOUT IT!

21)Am I the only one who as I get older looks in a mirror and thinks "jeez, I cant look like that" ? YES.

22)Do I really look like that? DEFINITELY

23)When did the love of the money become more important than the love of the game? YOU'RE KIDDING!

24)Who really cares about Janet's boob? ANYONE UNDER 14

25)Am I the only one who is addicted to the History,TLC,Discovery and cartoon channels? NO TOONS HERE

26)Ever wonder about where your life would have taken you if you had made a different choice many years ago? ONLY WHEN I'M DEPRESSED.

27)Am I the only one who is amazed at how fast kids learn computers nowadays?
    NOT THE ONE'S IN MRS. MUDGE'S CLASS!

28)Am I the only one who thinks that if they cut my future retirement benefits that I will for once actually picket in Washington? WHERE DO WE MEET?

29)Am I the only one who sometimes thinks that EMM and Hairy might be some of the nicest people in the world if I could just meet them? WITHOUT QUESTION.

30)Am I the only one who thinks they will carry a gun if they do meet them(just in case )? NO

31)Why didnt pay phones alwyas have a line waiting to use them?Especially since everybody is always on a cell nowadays.
    HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH LOOSE CHANGE

32)Am I the only one who thinks about how much the gold foil and gold parts we left on the moon are worth now, and about how in heck do I get it back? YOU'RE WEIRD.

33)Is anybody else as claustrophobic as I am, or am I just weird?
    SEE #32

34)Why can't gun owners get organized? Even PETA has a better org than we do.
    GUN OWNERS ARE BASICALLY INDIVIDUALISTS.

35)Am I the only one who thinks prison should be for sexual predators and violent criminals and other crimes should be punished by different means, the ultimate goal of which is restitution to the victims or society? I'M FOR PUBLIC HANGINGS, MYSELF

36)Why am I putting all this drivel down here in cyberspace?
    SEE #32

37)Why are some of the best people I have met been people I have never met except on a message board? WE CAN BE ANYTHING WE WANT TO BE HERE. DO YOU REALLY THINK EMM AND HAIRY ARE ABLE TO FUNCTION IN POLITE SOCIETY LIKE THAT?

38)Does money automaticaly give you wisdom? If not, then why does society as a whole think so? STRANGE AIN'T IT?

39)Why am I still up at this time of night? YOU'RE STILL WEIRD.

40)Why does the thought of hunting deer,elk or antelope appeal to me and the thought of hunting Moose holds no appeal at all?
    THE SHADOW KNOWS. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

41)Why when there is a shooting is the suspect almost always described as a white male with an assualt weapon when that is not usually the case? PC & IGNORANCE

42)Did anybody really buy Chief Moose's book? If so, why? WHO?

43)Am I the only one who as a kid thought he could fly if he just tried hard enough?
    NO, JUDGE DREAD ACTUALLY FLIES.

44)Am I the only one who as a kid thought he wanted to be a policeman or fireman and it just didnt turn out that way? DO YOU HAVE THESE FLASHBACKS REGULARLY?

45)Am I the only one who thanks god daily that I was born in this country and not another? I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT.

46)Am I the only one who can not pass a street beggar one day without giving cloths or money to them and the next day walk right by another person without so much as a second look, if not how can I do that? ARE YOU BOTHERED BY THESE MOOD SWINGS OFTEN?

47)Does anybody else think one day that they dont have enough guns/ammo and the next think they have to many? BLASPHEMY

48)Is it true I wonder that god does not deduct from a mans life the days he spends fishing? I DON'T FISH, SO IT DOESN'T APPLY TO ME.

49Am I the only one who seems to be getting more religious as I get older? and why is that? FEAR

50)Am I the only male who seems to cry more now than I did as a kid and for more strange reasons? (Movies, plight of others, etc)
    NO..BUT THE MACHO DUDES ON GB WON'T ADMIT IT.

51)Am I the only person who does not give people "second chances" when it comes to friendship? I KNOW OF ONE OTHER.

52)Am I the only one who wonders when I see others die or get sick or injured think, that could well be me and why wasnt it? SEE # 51

Enough for now I must ponder these and other mysteries of the universe, perhaps the answers will come to me in a dream
    AND JUST WHERE THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO THINK THE QUESTIONS CAME FROM?

Mudge the other insomniac

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    Yea on the cartoon channel thing. Most intelligent stuff on TV.

Yea, even Hairy and Elmuetomonkey (is that right) could be good guys, but conversely, you an' I could turn out to be SOBs when others meet us. Yea, better carry when you meet us guys.[:D]

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Mudge, man your answers are better than my questions, ROFLMFAO

JuJu(you are a sick person[:D][}:)][:p][^][:o)])
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Some really good questions, this one was just timely.

QUOTE:
    Why didnt pay phones always have a line waiting to use them?Especially since everybody is always on a cell nowadays.

Funny, Deb and I saw an ol'timer (didn't look like the dime store type) riding a horse down the side of the road the other day...yep, talkin' on his cell.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    If we knew what they were,they wouldn't be UFO's.

Now would they?
    BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Juju: I can't give you an exact date, only a vague timeline. It began almost at once. From the time Patrick Henry chastised James Madison and the drafters of the Constitution for writing "We the People" instead of "We the States" men have been coniving to violate the enumerated powers. Article I, Section 8 contains a finite list of powers belonging to the general government. The Tenth Amendment stipulates that all powers not specifically delegated to the national government belong to the States or the People. From 1789 on, those who are "nationalists" have been attempting to tilt the balance of power between the general and State governments to the general government. Although it remains a hotly debated topic, many would argue that this is exactly what touched off the Civil War, or at least was the logical outcome (Read Charles Adams' book on this subject). But this transformation from a federal system to a national system, with subservient states, really took off under FDR. Almost everything the government does is unconstitutional today. No one cares because we have competing special interest groups, from Orange growers, NASA, to senior citizens all competing for a share of the swag stolen from taxpayers. We blew it.

Government and liberty is like a see saw. We can have more government OR more liberty, not both. (paraphrased from the book by Walter E. Williams...get this one too).