In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PENDING SENATE BILL - SPONSOR SENATOR SCHUMER (Here it comes)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
PENDING SENATE BILL - SPONSOR SENATOR SCHUMER Use NICS in Terrorist Investigations Act (Introduced in the Senate) S 1788 IS 107th CONGRESS 1st Session S. 1788 To give the Federal Bureau of Investigation access to NICS records in law enforcement investigations, and for other purposes. IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES December 7, 2001 Mr. SCHUMER (for himself, Mr. KENNEDY, Mr. REED, Mr. TORRICELLI, Mr. LEVIN, Mrs. BOXER, and Mr. CORZINE) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary ___________________________________________________________________ A BILL To give the Federal Bureau of Investigation access to NICS records in law enforcement investigations, and for other purposes. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the `Use NICS in Terrorist Investigations Act'. SEC. 2. AUTHORITY OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION. Section 922(t)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended-- (1) in subparagraph (B), by striking `and' at the end; (2) in subparagraph (C), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and (3) by inserting after subparagraph (C) the following:` (D) allow the Federal Bureau of Investigation to access NICS audit log records for the purpose of responding to an inquiry from any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency in connection with a civil or criminal law enforcement investigation.'. SEC. 3. GUN SALE ANTI-FRAUD AND PRIVACY PROTECTION. (a) PREVENTION OF FRAUD AND ABUSE- Section 922(t)(2)(C) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting before the semicolon the following: `, consistent with the responsibility of the Attorney General under section 103(h) of the Brady Handgun Violence Protection Act (18 U.S.C. 922 note) to ensure privacy of the system and to prevent system fraud and abuse, but in no event fewer than 90 days after the date on which the licensee first contacts the system with respect to the transfer'. (b) INTERAGENCY COOPERATION- Section 922(t)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subparagraph (D) the following:` During the period that records are maintained pursuant to subparagraph (C), the Department of Justice and its divisions, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, shall make those records available to the Department of the Treasury and its divisions, including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, for the purpose of conducting system audits to detect fraud and misuse of the system and to protect the privacy and security of the system. The Department of the Treasury shall maintain and destroy those records in accordance with all statutory requirements imposed on the Department of Justice.'. ________________________________________________________________ Contact Your Representatives: NY Governor: http://www.state.ny.us/governor/form.htm State Legislature: http://congress.nw.dc.us/cgi-bin/stateindex.pl?dir=townhall&state=ny Federal Legislature: http://congress.nw.dc.us/townhall/

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like that "AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES"
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I JUST E-MAILED MR FRIST AND MR THOMPSON.IT MAY NOT DO ME ANY GOOD CAUSE I E-MAILED MR THOMPSON ABOUT CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM AND HE STILL VOTED FOR IT
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    jazzjazz Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here goes "Step 'N' Fetch" Schumer again.He doesn't understand the word "NO". Hetried this tactic in the past, and it wassoundly defeated! This "*" of a manwouldn't know liberty if it came up andbit him squarely on his *. The stupidbast**d looks and acts like a rat! There'sno character to this fool. He ran aroundwith his nose in Bush's * just for aphoto op. He's a pretend-to-be American tothe gullible in this country. All this sh*t-eater is....is a two-bit political con-man,who finds it impossible to pull his head outof his *! This imbecilic bag of hotair couldn't find his way out of his car ona clear day, and with Hillary at his side.They both perfected the position of havingboth of their heads crammed up each other'sass.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Seriously, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not count on it being defeated this time around.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wanna know how I really feel?Imagine wet dog sh*t on a hotday......that's an under-statementof how I feel about "Schemer andSh*tlary".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree with ya' Jazz. Just wanted to jazz ya' a lil' bit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Semper Fi, SimonbsI just had to vent. People like Schumerare America's Taliban.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It his ticket to "face time" on TV. No other reason. The bastid understands about guns. This is his one ticket to notariety and he's gonna ride to the grave. Feinstein, Kennedy, Boxer, et al. are the same way. These are not stupid people when it comes to politics. Every politician has at least one horse he's gonna' ride. The above mentioned people ride gun control. McPain rides campaign finance reform. I'd go through the list but you can see them for yourselves. Watch the interviews. When the TV "talking heads" want to talk about gun control, they get Chuckie, Diane or Teddy. Campaign finance reform, it's McPain or Feingold. To talk TOTAL BS they get Daschle or Gephardt. It's the same people talking about there favorite "horse" over and over. To talk about kickin' * and taking names, they get Armey, Delay, Watts, or Barr.Like I said. They've all got their favorite horse. The media knows this and goes to whoever they need to reinforce the point they're trying to make. Some we agree with. Most we don't. Mudge the verbose
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!