In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Online shopping with HCI

74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Came across this page with HCI. If you purchase merchandise from these companies thru this link, a portion of the money that you spend goes to HCI. Check this out to see which companies are listed. You may be surprised.... http://www.progressivefunds.com/hci/
"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The company links are put there by linkstar(?) / progressive funds the companys don't know that they are being linked to HCI this way. Read the post about not buying a Dell computer.
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Ol Jack sure did open a big can of worms didn't he?
  • Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tailgunner, Why do you think that the companies that are linked to HCI have no idea that it is happening? I read the other post about dell, but what about all the other companies?
    "In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You pay me a dollar for every custumer I send into your store, do you have anyway of knowing where I am putting up the fliers for your store?Companys like linkstar etc. get paid a commission for referals, and will stick every link they can everywhere they can, in turn they kick a little bit back to there hosting sites (like HCI).Somthing like the credit cards issued by your favorate org., Citybank gives them a small persentage of the fees collected when you use that card.Now if Admin. could figure out how to get Ruger, S&W, Colt, Winchester etc. to pay everytime we say something good thing about them...Just dreaming on the last part[This message has been edited by Tailgunner1954 (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Luckily, there was only one firm listed on there that we have ever done business with anyway. Office Max. Luckily we have Staples nearby.Mudge the selective
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!