In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Youse People Down South

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
I've been in the South now for two and a half years.
I've got Mold on my Windows and my Doors.
I've had ammo Corrode in a few days time.
My Question to Youse is do you use a Dehumidifier???

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    YEAH...IT`S CALLED CENTRAL AIR.

• Options
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep;

CENTRAL AIR doesn't remove the Humidity.
    Since you can't help me with that, maybe you can help me with something else. Being a Contractor you might have one of these.

I need a copy or preprinted form of a "Claim for Lien" otherwise known as a Mechanics Lien. If have any laying around and can scan me one I would appreciate it. I'll give you me business E-mail.
    MagnumDrywall@aol.com

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, RugerNiner, say y'all got windeers an doo's on youse house? HUH!! could be that there's why you got mold and corrision.

IF A GOVERMENT'S OPPRESSIVE, THEN REPRESS IT!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner,what part of Flarda are you in?I
    don`t have any problem with humidity in the house down here,but I keep it at 76 degrees all the time.

Actually,I think it does take out humidity.
    It goes out the condesation pipe,like the one in your car,where the water drips under it when the AC is on.

If I had a claim of lein form,you could have it,honest.I just don`t use them,I only do repaint work for home owners..no contractors.I have only seen them at libraries and office supply outlets,while looking for other stuff.

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ruger... why not print one out from off the net?... once its notorized, its legal...this one is for the state of florida

http://www.nacmtampa.com/nto/nto3g.htm

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Don't need one west of Ft. Worth.

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses;

Thank You, Every form I found on the Internet had Sample printed across it. The one you sent me I made a template in WORD and can type the information on it.

I hope your better half doesn't mind me sending you Black Roses.

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thank you......Glad I was able to help....
    I am sure Classic doesnt mind.....he is just pleased that I or he can be of help...

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Born and raised in Miami, Fl. I can attest that central air conditioning not only saves lives it dehumidifies the air, just ask Pikeal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now listen to me. READ MY LIPS.
    I live in a small apartment in Jax, FL.
    My AC is in a closet in the dead center of my apartment.

When the AC is running, the air it draws in is cooled and causes condensation.
    The condensation then goes into a drip pan or evaporator. From there the condensation that dripped in the pan now evaporates in the air into my apartment. And the cycle continues over and over. Therefore creating my own little indoor Eco-System.

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey RugerNiner..sounds like you need one of them dehumidifiers!

• Options
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep;

Thanks for the Advice.
    I wish I had thought about that.

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    That`s me..a regler Bob Villa!

• Options
    edited November -1
    More like Tim Taylor from Tool Time.

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:

When the AC is running, the air it draws in is cooled and causes condensation.
    The condensation then goes into a drip pan or evaporator. From there the condensation that dripped in the pan now evaporates in the air into my apartment. And the cycle continues over and over.

There is supposed to be a drain line--and probably is--otherwise you'd eventually have a flood. The line is probably blocked (sludge grows in them), what you see dripping into the "pan" is probably overflow into a secondary catch pan, which probably also has a drain running to the outside too, otherwise that secondary pan would overflow.

I think you need to call your landlord.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Why would anybody wanna live in the South anyway? No wonder NJ has the most population per capita in the country. LOL. No humidity here, the "mob" just wouldn't allow it, haha.

Trapped in NJ

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    njretcop:

You can't fool me. I was born and raised in Mt. Holly, NJ. 22 years.
    I can remember when it was only Humid in August, now it's Humid as soon as the weather gets warm there.

competentone;

I do have a drain line (I didn't check before, I figured no basement-no under grond lines). But my Refridgerator dosen't.
    Any way it's still florida and humid nearly all year and I'm starting to worry about my guns after having my ammo corrode in a few days.

I'm thinking about getting those decadence(sic) packets to absorb moisture where I store my hand guns.

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner, sorry you are wrong. The a/c unit you have doesn't cool the air. The evaporater attracts heat, and removes the heat from the air while passing through it. That heat is brought to the outside air, and cooled. The low side of the a/c system is cold. Usually 30-45 degrees. In a car, the receiver drier, or accumulater is under the hood of a car, in the hot weather. It collects moisture very quickly, and drips. I have a wall unit like you do. Mine is on a outside wall. The drips will go down a pan and outside. This is still outside moisture in my case. In your case your just doing a eco system like you said. You need a de-humidifier. Do it for your guns, if not for yourself.

Rameleni1
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner -

You want dessicant packets to help keep your handguns from rusting.

Decadence packets just make good guns turn bad!

Geez, I crack myself up.
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner,
    If your AC unit is a central air system it needs fixing so that the condensation drips outside. Also if the mold is outside it could be too much shade. Just my .02

BNRVA@aol.comwww.vcdl.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ruger,you must have a white PVC pipe
    coming out of the building somplace.
    All it usually takes is to hook a
    wet vac up to it.You won`t believe the
    slime that comes out.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I`ve done a lot of water/mildew damage
    restorations.Yours sounds typical of an AC condensation broblem.Go find the PVC pipe out side,vac it out.

If you have mildew on your doors etc.,then
    you will no dought have little mites all over the walls,feeding on the mildew...

...don`t believe it,take a real close look!

• Options
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep;

Mites?
    Thanks for the nightmare I'll be having tonight!

spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ruger,I`ve had to go in with an airless paint sprayer,and spray every sq.inch of the interior,to get rid of the mildew,before painting.

I`ve yet to see a place with wildew everywhere,that didn`t have mites crawling all over the walls..you can easily see them.

It`s enough to make me itch,just thinkin` about it.