In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

218....in threes

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Okay, I told the story about the 2.18 breakfast special at the local supermarket. Well, I was in a high school today and walked into the guidance counselors' office and walked right into the middle of a conversation. A female teacher was in the middle of a sentence and I caught, "I need it from 218." Okay. This is getting weird. I think she was referring to the time 2:18pm. Now I've heard/seen "218" expressed in monetary and chronological contexts. What's next? I've heard these things happen in threes. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled during the upcoming weeks. If it happens again, it's almost de ja vu and will probably have to start taking something to keep me sane. Did I mention that I have been working since 6am and have been listening to Art Bell for the last 2 hours?

Comments

• Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think, there is a little voice inside your head, saying "buy a 218 bee"WOODS
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idsman....if you are ever in the eastern part of Iowa be careful....there is a highway named...."218". Lord BeeKeeper really gets around.....Once I was in a grocery store and found myself being pulled by a strange force to the isle containing dental care......looked up and saw a tube of toothpaste with my name on it "Rembrandt".....maybe Art Bell is onto something here?...... [This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 03-01-2002).]
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many times have you been reading billboards while driving down the highway and listening to the radio just to hear a multi-syllabic word being spoken across the airwaves just as you are reading it?
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judge Dread....what have you done with my friend????
    "An army without profanity couldn't fight its way out of a piss soaked paper bag!" -Patton
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!...You guys have RREEEAALLYY been missin ol` Point Two Eighteen I`ve only been gone a week!!..That`s ok,I`ve been missin yaw too!!I was in tampa last weekend,one of the other guys went in to order the rooms,went up the elevator,when the door opened at the second floor,I was lookin` straght at 218.I asked "what`s my room number"?..The other guy sayd......."219"..218
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?