In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage .250-3000 Model 99

UmpimahkenUmpimahken Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Hey .218BeeKeeper, do you love those 99's like I do? I have two of them, one is a pre-WWII that my dad bought from the BX where he was stationed for $25.00 and has had ever since. The other is one I bought for myself. Wouldn't ever think of getting rid of either of 'em.

Comments

• Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too! Me too! One of the guns I wish I had back. pre war 99 in 250-3000. Had the slow twist bbl and would not stablize heavy bullets, but put a 87 or 90 gr in it with IMR 4064 powder and I had a load that would group 3 shots you could cover with a nickle. Great guns with timeless styling. Thanks for reminding me.
    "Audemus jura nostra defendere"- - - - - - - - - - - - - It is useless to hold a person accountable for anything they say while in love, drunk, or running for office.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Yeah man,got 2 in 250-3000.,4 in 303sav.,2 in 300 sav.,and 1 in 30-30 .One of my 250s was a basket case when I bought it ,but after a little care ,well let`s just say it`s good enough that it`s the one I`m takin to West by God Virginia with me. I`ve got about 23 Savage rifles ,and most are pre war.My m-20 bolt guns in 250-3000 and 300 are my crown jewels.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Umpimahken,(man that takes a heep o spellin`),my dad was awesome with one,a later.243,guys swore he was shootin deer in the neck ,around trees, at 250 yards. Seems a lot of 99 lovers had fathers who hunted with them. The cool thing about the 250-3000 Savage caliber is they kick about half as much as a .243 Win.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?