In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hunting We Will Go !

shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Think about this real hard. Based on what you know about people on this board, What do you think it would be like in a hunting camp with all of us there. I've been in some camps with some great guys but I think this crowd would be hilarious!

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    shane,it would be cool,we`d probably do a lot of laughin`,remembering eachothers posts and stuff,and how nobody looked like we imagined.There`s this little hunting ground near Boone NC that a certain friend told me about that would be the perfect place for such a rendezvous.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218, Do ya think anyone would come if we could put somthing together?
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I will go, I go to N.C. a couple of times a year (Mitchell Co.).
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd probably come if everyone promises to leave their .22's and BB guns they're planning on using for deer at home. I like the hunting, but not the tracking. Remember...shot placement is everything. If it happens, someone's going to have to draw me a map to NC. I know I start south down the gravel road and turn left, but then what?
    JWhite2399@cs.com Southern Oregon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey 218, if everyone can't make it to N.C. I hear someone has a nice place in West VA. with a cabin on it and everything! I think either place would be great. Who is gonna bring the food? Let's get a list started!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Da,actually I dont use anything smaller than .250savage on deer,usualy a .35 Rem.Was only jokin before on that other thread.Shane what do you mean bring food,your`re gunna fry up about 40 lbs of that deer meat from your freezer.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218, Man can't live on deer meat alone. Even though I try sometimes! I'll bring the deer meat, All you can eat! What's everyone else bringing?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll bring a few coolers full of Apalachicola oysters.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just don`t bring any of them saltwater catfish!!!!!!But them oysters,thats a different story!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    R U sure? I was gonna' bring ya' a couple to throw on the grill if ya' want?
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After a hard day of hunting are we all going to sit around in our hunter orange smoking jackets, sipping cognac, and enjoying fine cigars?
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not a more central location?Like my farm in NW Arkansas.cpermd
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on guys, you all know that Michigan deer are the best (and so is the freshwater fishing)! I can see it now, Beachmaster with his M1 Garand, Evil up in a tree with an AK, Supermonkey polishing his fine Jennings, Ms. Beast simply holding a 2x4 and Pelican petting his cat. Of course, Josey would be on a laptop checking for the latest news reports and Lowrider would be revving his Harley. I'm get the feeling NJRetCop would be taking it easy in a lawn chair and BadBoyBob would be telling some tall hunting tale. Rembrandt would be out painting our blinds camoflage while twins was showing everyone pictures of the kids. Boeboe would be arguing with Brad111 and Whiteclouder would be reading from the latest version of his book while Shane and I sat in amazement.Anyway, I'm sure it would be a good time
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd invite you all to Iowa, but I'm saving all the big ones for Idsman and myself.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I'd like to invite you all to hunt here in NJ. Problem is we have to do it a little different. You chase the deer on foot and when you catch one, you beat the sh*t out of it with your hands. You see, New Jersey doesn't allow our citizens to play with guns. [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd sure like to go.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Arkansas sounds good to me! Remember I'm bringing the deer meat, simonbs is bringing oysters, and Rembrandt is bringing cognac. I think 218beekeeper is driving!??? Who else is in?
  • Options
    Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is in Arkansas (and my body could stand the drive) I'm in. It would be great to put faces with "names".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah,I`d be driving alright,but what would I be drivin`?A bus?I can see it now,drivin` and havin` to turn around and scream at a few of you guys to cut it out every 30 seconds!!Just like our old school bus drivers used to have to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've never hunted Arkansas, but you can count me in. What are we hunt'n? Deer? Birds?, Snipe?, I've heard Arkansas is world famous for Ducks...doesn't really matter...a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work. I don't know how you guys all hunt, I prefer crawling and sneaking up on game with a knife clenched between my teeth. I might be persuaded to change tactics if we're going after alligators.....I'll leave gator wrestling for Beekeeper. Now where did I put that Real Tree smoking jacket......?
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not go hunting with any of you guys. I only go hunting with women.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rem, I figure If we get a few cognac in us we might go wrestle us a gator 6 maybe 7 feet.I figure if ol`shane`l hold the light on em ,me and you can slip in the water and wrestle em out.It`s them big 12 footers that ya got ta look out for,when yer in there thrashin` around with the little ones it kinda atracts the big ones,they might think you`re wounded prey.Or somethin.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take it back to WV. and I'll go. I have a sister there. Also on the slight chance that one of you don't like me it would give you a chance to try and whip my as- butt. Rosie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Rosie,that`s my place in WV that they are talkin bout,Braxton county,in the middle of the state.Wheres ya sister live?No * kickin allowed on my place though,just drinkin hot cocco,and singin Michial Row the Boat Ashore by the campfire.......What ,hey,where did everybody run off to???...Wait come back,theres other fun filled activities...roastin` marshmellers,singin` 99 bottles of root beer on the wall!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beekeep, if it's alright with you, I'll just stand back and watch while you wrestle the gators....is it done sort of like...Johnny Weismueller (of Tarzan Fame)?....or are you more like that Crocodile fella from Australia? [This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218Bee, I'll be glad to hold that light for you two. I'll also be holding a video camera, Just so we can count the points on who can bulldog one of those puppys later. Well where are we all going hunting? My bags are packed and I'm ready to roll! I've got the deer meat in the cooler and a tape with sounds of a soothing stream on it for Rosie. Lets see , what else do we need?.......Oh yea we need to know what we are hunting for, and I've never been in a good hunting camp that didn't have some pork&beans or a side of fat back! Come on guys, Dig deep!!!, Who's bringing the Fat back?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rem,True story..My dad was a legendary gator hunter/poacher,he was on the front page of the Miami Harold(sp.?)Tropic Section Full page photo on cover,10 page story of his life of evading park rangers,etc.,etc.,etc.,Aproducer was talking about making a movie,Burt Reynolds was considered to play him.My dad suggested Steve Mcqueen(sp.?),who looked a lot like my dad.Nothing happened.About 15 years ago another producer was waiting in the airport,reading my dads obituary in the same paper.He contacted one of my brothers about making a movie,brother did not have time,lots of arrangements to be made,had just brought dad back from his home in Costa Rica to die here ,Etc. Long comes this little flick called CROCODILE DUNDEE.....Not a drop of gator huntin` moonshinin` or law breakin` of any kind in it!!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Arkansas is good for me and the oysters, thanks for the invite. Shane, might be heading your way Nov/Dec.218, last chance for some sail cats!!!When do ya'll want to go?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don`t want any catfish of anykind come to think of it!!!I`m goin through Hillsville/Mt. Airy(is that how it`s spelled ,shane?)Bout a week before thanksgiving.With my wife and two kids.I don`t know when I could ever get to arkansas,I do have abrother there near MT. HOME in north central Arkansas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218, I don't think it matters when we get to go on this trip (this year or ten years from now) it's just fun planning things like this. You know, it gives you somthing other than work to think about! You still in?When you get up my way if you wanna go hunting or fishing the offer stands. I've also got a small beach leased on lake James, We can take our Familys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Barring a deployment, I'll probably be able to get up there the same time as 218. With oysters, no catfish.
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could I bring store bought meat? I'm such a bad shot no one could live on what I shoot.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arkansas is OK by me. My mama was from Arkansas. Anybody there named Harris or Owens is probably a relative of mine. WV is OK too. I'm about 10 miles south of Martinsburg. Mrs. Mudge would probably want to come. She's great. Rides her own Harley, carries a Glock 30, loves to shoot the old Garand and the M-16, has heard that kind of language before. What more could you want?Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.[This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-20-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-20-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still wanna know who's gonna bring the fat back. We've GOTTA have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do ya say boys?We got room fer a yankee? uh ,Clipper that is!It`s ok with me ,just can`t speak for the rest of ya.Whatever ya do, just don`t trust him to bring the right kind of fat back!!shane ,I`d be glad to ,uh,do they say "get up wi`ya",in your part of NC?? If even to stop in for a cup of your coffie and talk for a couple hours before shovin` off again.That would be a fine thing!!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218, I have a sister and a daughter that live about five miles south of Logan. About half way between Logan and Man on the guyandotte river. Rosie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218, You can stop in when ever you want. Give me a holler before you leave and I'll email the directions to you.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey Rosie. Is the daughter interested in meeting a middle-aged fatguy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She's married and happy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, found out today I'm headed for Arkansas next week, (Stuttgart). Maybe I can do some scouting for critters while I'm down there. Count me in on the "GunBroker world famous hunters get together"