In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boy this guys in hot water

gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
the things people do for love!!!!

To protect, serve, and burn to the ground?

Story from Brian Olson
04/12/2002 07:20

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    That was pretty stupid. Love does amazing things to folks, don't it?

It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....here's another one, last week an Iowa Guard member's girl friend broke up with him, he flips out, goes home and grabs his AR, dresses in fatigues, bodyarmor, and a helmet...goes on a shooting spree wounding two LEO's in an attempt to "commit suicide by LEO"....now he's up for attempted murder charges and will spend much of his life in jail....for what?....love?
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    if the guy really wanted the LEO to kill him, why the bodyarmor?

Edited by - gskyhawk on 04/14/2002 11:31:46
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ....don't know....that's what the papers reported.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he was a Guard soldier and he was using "body armor" it was, more than likely, a flak jacket which will not stop bullets or the blade of a KABAR for that matter. I'm sure he just did it for appearances.

Rembrandt--What town was this? I listen to local news CONSTANTLY when I am driving to and fro throughout my part of the state and in eastern Nebraska. Why hasn't this popped up on my radar screen?

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people just lack the courage to take the 'dirt nap'.
    Watch your 6:00
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Idsman,
    I think I errored in the time frame, It happened almost two weeks ago over by Council Bluffs....he was in the "General's" outfit....
  • Options
    OLD SF-EROLD SF-ER Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys may remember when we had an obnoxious board poster that wouldn't "go away" I described his "arsonist/fireman" personality.

They start a fire (or problem) and yell "Fire, Fire, Fire!"
    Then say "Watch me, Watch me - I'll put it out!"

I've seen this happen where people do things for attention, love or whatever - this guy is a textbook example. Just goes to show that this happens in real life.

"If you can do it, it ain't braggin'".
    JR Ewing - "Dallas"
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey half of the world is made up of women.Why do these guy's go ape over one?.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll tell you why. Here in Iowa guys fall in love with the first woman that shares an "intimate moment" with them. They go ga-ga over it so bad that they impregnate them. Sioux City is the home of the first college that I have ever visited where they actually allow single mothers to keep their babies in their dorm rooms. Amazing. As soon as she's pregnant, the guy realizes that the you-know-what isn't as great as it was when she was 17 so he goes to find another one and the process continues. Girls having kids by 2 or 3 different fathers and guys falling ga-ga-goo-goo over their first piece of action. I've heard 18 and 19-year-olds say it here like I've never heard them say it before anywhere else. "We've been dating for 2 months and I'm in LOOOOOOOOVE." It happens elsewhere but I never remember it being that bad elsewhere. Suddenly an 18 or 19-year-old is making major life decisions (where to work, where to live, where he will go to college regardless of the quality of the institution, etc...) based on the fact that he thinks he's in love. Suddenly his whole life revolved around the private parts of some 17-year-old and he thinks she's "sharing" because of "love". It's quite comical at first but then it kind of slaps you in the face. I can't speak for elsewhere in this country but this city IS the single-mother/teen-pregancy capital of Iowa--documented fact. Oh, and they all go for nursing degrees at the local Community College which I often refer to as "the 13th grade".

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most stalkers are also in love with their prey. Beach
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach I know you are right, But I would never harm another person, Are give up my freedom for a woman.Don't misunderstand, I love my wife with all my heart.If she decided to move on after all these years with me.No way would I do harm to her or anyone else.Hell if this one put up with me, I may find another one that will.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's all good,.....you just have to find one that's attached to a woman that you can live with. Never end your life for a relationship that you can look back on as a learning and betterment experience WITHOUT the steel bars in your field of view. Prison for a woman?...........man, that better be one hell of a woman. I'll take the high road and carry on with my life. Lonely if need be,....but non-incarcerated just the same.

When in doubt...empty the magazine!!
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of these guys are not in love. They are in heat
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie, you are right. Not to paraphrase Tina, but what's love got to do with it? Hey guys, if anyone out there wants to set fire to his town or try to kill himself just over lust, give me a e-mail and I'll find someone in Indy that will solve this potential lethal problem. Some guys never grow up.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just reported on the news tonight that a man wanted to kill his girlfriend's husband but mistakenly killed the husband's partner who had the identical car. Pathetically tragic.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idsman,
    I think that happened in Glenwood. So, another cop freaked out. Yea, I know, he was in love and he's only human. He's no different than you, except he gets to carry a gun.
    Behold the power of pu##y.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I don`t think lust..or heat have anything to do with it..I think men convince themselves that ~she~is the only one...the love that was meant to be..and when she wants to move on,it`s like she is messing with fate,going against it....she just doesen`t understand.

And it is up to him to bring her around..by any means:(