In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Personal Tags......

legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Going to the license bureau in afew days to pay sales tax & get plates. Any ideals on personal tags for a bike ? Like V STAR , LEGN4, etc.
Work'n like a dog all nite

Comments

• timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How 'bout RKBA?????
  • mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many digits can you have?
  • Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good subject...I had my name on the last bike I had..next Harley will probably have a tag that reads: HRDERND...thats "hard earned" cause I will pay cash.The hell with those gouging finance companys!
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WRKNITES
    "It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers[This message has been edited by wundudnee (edited 03-27-2002).]
    standard.jpg
  • instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FFE K = fire for effect, over
    When in doubt...."FRAG OUT!"
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never had a bike, but do have a camo'd suburban 4x4 that used to have the tag "we hunt".
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Maybe I`ll get one that says:~DSSSABEES?~.218
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    XRING,LOKNLOD,SPEEDRAW,357MAG,44SPEC,50AE,GARAND,1911M1A,45ACP,GUNSNAMO,BULLZI,AR15M16 ...you get the idea.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about security, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm getting new tags in April. I was thinking about "FRDM1ST" to compliment my "Vote Freedom First" bumper sticker.
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2L84U,1454U,45x10,357x6,n245s,AR4L8R just a few ideas.most states are 7 digits max.
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a bike any more, but the Cherokee Sport I have has "BLKND 1" on the plates. It's black on black with black rock crawler rims. The windows are dark also, and the letters on the tires are turned to the inside. It just seemed like an obvious choice.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about USA USA. Unless you're from WV. That's what's on my truck.Mudge the patriot
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Here in New Mexico we have military and vetran plates. I have the USMC emblem and the nubwer I have indicates where I am in how many have a USMC plate here in the state.
  • 11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you plan to ride in Florida around "Bike Week" you might consider "Donor' for a personal tag.A lot of folks "laid em down" this year.
  • PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one for you that'll keep some people guessing for a long time.....3M TAE....when they look in the rearview mirror it says "Eat Me". Sounds perfect for a biker huh?
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.[This message has been edited by Pup (edited 03-28-2002).]
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Here's a little bit of trivia for you all. Johnny Carson used to kid about his license plate a lot on his show, but never said what it was. His sidekick, Ed McMahon got it for him.One night, many years ago, Mrs NJRETCOP and I were walking out of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas and a large black limo was pulling in. Johnny, and one of his wife's, (don't remember her number, lol,) were getting out. The California license plate read like this: There will never be another STAR as bright as you areHow come he could get more than seven letters?? -Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pup,I must say that is pretty cool,but most if not all states do not require a front tag,so unless the bike was on a trailer,or traveling backwards you wouldn't see it.Now this would be a cool tag for a hot car!This maybe a little off the subject but anybody ever notice how many people with personal tags (on cars) drive like pinheads?If your going to draw attention to yourself with your driving I'd want a plainjane tag that is harder to remember,know what I mean?
  • SNIPER1048SNIPER1048 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    legn4: WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT WITH PERSONAL PLATES I ASKED FOR AND GOT MY FIRST CHOICE: SNIPERIT GETS ATTENTION AT THE RANGE AND ON THE INTERSTATE. AFTER 2 YEARS I GOT A LETTER FROM SOME BODY WHO OFFERED ME $500 TO GIVE UP THE PLATE SO HE TAKE IT OVER. I SENT A REPLY TO HIM ASKING FOR $5000 AND THEN WE'LL TALK. HE NEVER REPLIED AND I STILL HAVE THE ONLY PLATE IN THE STATE.
    "START THE BALL ROLLING THERE, TECTOR"
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a die hard deer hunter buddy of mine has hisbronco plate reading .......N RUT..........
  • jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    IRN2BEES
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?