In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To Peta (ihateguns)

ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Lunitics? I've just seen pictures of the PETA group in NRA magizine. We gun owners don't dress up in colored wigs, jewelry,costumes and paint ourselves to look like animals,pour fake blood on ourselves, walk around half naked and force ourselfs into burger king restaurants, disturbing the peace and saftey of bystanders, and must be dragged off by police because we are illegaly trespassing and acting like sniffling children! We may not agree with certain laws but, we abide by them until we can get them changed by due process. We do not force our veiws on you because we respect your opinions which you have a right to. I've visited the PETA website and see people who have a cause to make money while brainwashing members into thinking that all animals are doomed. No one on this site hates animals and alone wants them to suffer needlessly. You guy's must get a hold yourselves. My kids enjoy guns and shooting but don't care for hunting- I respect that, the same as they respect my right to hunt. I've seen bad kids go good, just by taking them fishing. The time I spend with my kids, fishing and shooting brings us together and helps fill in the comunication gap.Where are your kids when you spend all your time away from home trying to save the world?- watching T.V.? playing videos? Hanging out? Better take care of your own first! How do you like my profile of you? Don't like it? Nor do we!

Comments

• rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God Bless America. All I can say is wow, what an obsessionist organization. Those that seem to only have one goal in life rarely seem to have a life worth living. RG[This message has been edited by rg666 (edited 10-30-2001).]
  • landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone just nixed the string where this started. Just when I got in a response. Darn. Well this jerk is a first class idiot in any event, hunting and guns are American in our nature and history. IHATEGUNS is the fringe, and I also think rather weak in character. Who is he to tell anyone else how to live?
  • Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You go get'em ironsites, I'm with ya!Or should I say, LET'S go get'em.....
  • landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Part of this PETA argument is to put animals on the same level as humans. That should be insulting to all humans. Animals have no sense of mortality. It does not know what death is. They have no free will in the sense that they just react to physical need and impulse. A bullet is humane in that the animal is not suffering, whereas it might die of disease or starvation much more painfully. I am not an animal, and animals have no "rights". As a human, knowing what suffering is, I should be humane, and if I hunt I will kill as painlessly as possible. If it is not a pet, then that is all I owe an animal.
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Looks like IHATEGUNS figures "Mission Accomplished". He stired us all up. I'll have to watch the Guns & Ammo board and see if he turns up there.
    Home of the Blue Angels, P'colaSemper Adveho Absconditus
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My species did not spend several thousand years working our way to the top of the food chain to be vegetarians.
    "Audemus jura nostra defendere"- - - - - - - - - - - - - It is useless to hold a person accountable for anything they say while in love, drunk, or running for office.
  • biggregbiggreg Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still invite PETA to visit the annual Sturgis Motorcycle rally in S.D. in August. And share with us leather clad brethren why we should stop wearing leather etc. A booth downtown on main street would be entertaining to say the least.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather... is it because it'ssafer to harass rich women than bikers ? !! (author unknown)
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    landis, you just summed up and put into words the meaning of an ethical hunter, way to go!!! These are the ideas and actions of those of us who deserve to be firearms owners.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    The members and supporter of PETA seem to forget some of the basic laws of nature.EvolutionSurvival of the fittestI'm not saying the human race has not expedited the extinction of some of earths creature but life on earth is a constant flux. Creatures that cannot adapt to change will not survive. The animals as we know them on earth today (including man)will not be here forever and will eventualy disappear just as the dinosaurs.
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I copied and pasted his number and address in case he deleted his post......Scott Palczak2120 17th AveLongmount, CO 80501(303)772-6453Maybe a little call from us would be welcomed?
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
  • sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If PETA pisses you off now , just wait till I tell you that they get 17 million dollars from the government every year tax free.I know this because the are home based here in Norfolk and a local news station did a story on this, it seems that they have to spend at least that much each year to qualify for the same amount or more the next year, kinda like the govt.Thats your tax dollars buddy, now you can scream and rant...
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just think what all thoose poor Bikers,cowboys,sadist,fetichist,dominatrixwill do without LEATHER ,life will not be the same....
  • REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We ought to chip in and get our good buddy ihateguns a membership in the NRA. Reading his post suggests he may be in need of some new reading material himself-Ralph
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey Judge Dread,could you imagine if all the Village People were sailors????.218