In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Calling .218 Beekeeper

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Hey .218, I need a consultation on some Model 99 parts. Can I e-mail you?

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    He Dog,go right ahead.marty@rmbrownpaint.com .218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog,my response to your E-mail would not go through,it was a long response.Could you send me the serial#?And maybe take off the forend,check for a letter,or possibly two,on the receiver,where the forend butts up to it.Example:E,EG,T,O,R,H,or whatever.A lot of Savage rifles had the same open rear sights as the 99...so you are not that restricted in your search.A Marbles,Lyman,or Redfield tang sight as you mentioned,would be a good choice,with a dovetail blank inplace of your open rear sight.Talk to you more after you respond..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry I`ve been tied up(not that way).The reason it doesn`t have those markings is because they quit doing it sometime after WW2.Savage put the same sights on a lot of old boltguns as well as 99s,so you are not that limmited in your search.If has a shnable...it is not a 99-R.It looks like yours is about 1954,give or take a year.They did tap some of those..when they did,they stamped the '99 Savage' kinda off set to the side,on the receiver ring, as not to be obscured by the bases.The ones not factory tapped had the same '99 Savage stamped on top of the receiver ring....Can you see yours???.218