In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lakeland Flarda Gunshow

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I`ll be there with CENTURY ARMS OF NAPLES,under the red banner.It would be a pleasure to meet anyone who can make it!!I will not be the little redheaded guy with the red beard..nor will I be the big tall 25 year old guy.And I will certainly NOT be the cute little Phillipino chick!! I will be the suave looking one..suave yet reserved..no smoking jacket..no brandy snifter with gognac swirling in the bottom of it..and no fine cigar. By the way,there was an accidental discharge at last weekend`s show in Palmetto...What a weird feeling...only about 60 FT away from us..218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 01-30-2002).]

Comments

• simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    This weekend Feb. 2nd and 3rd.Here`s a site with she schedule,for the best promoter in the state: www.suncoastgunshows.com [This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 01-30-2002).]
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Beekeep, I'm thinking of moving down your way. I'm sure you need a lot more northerners moving in! I'll be visiting in Feb. (but after the show)[This message has been edited by Gordian Blade (edited 01-30-2002).]
    edited November -1
    GordonBlade:There`s yankees ..and then there`s yankees. It would be nice to know you!Are you thinking about moving to the Naples area?.218
    edited November -1
    Hi Beekeep, yep, Naples area it will be if it will be at all. I like to think of myself as one of those Yankees, not one of those Yankees. At least y'all won't have to worry about my dragging NE liberal ideas down there. That's what ruined the east coast of FL. (Except I'm cool with the theory of evolution, but that's another thread!)
    edited November -1
    Sorry Beeman, too soon to plan a trip. Let me know ahead of time for the next one in Lakeland. I've got an Aunt there I like to visit (well, any excuse to go to a gunshow is a good excuse, right).
    edited November -1
    GordianBlade:Sorry about the misspelling of Gordian...how did you ever wind up with that spelling?Have you ever been to this area?Maybe we`ll go cetch a fish when ya * here..218
    edited November -1
    Dude, you got beef with me?
    edited November -1
    Uuhh....dude,No,I don`t!!Why...did I look at you funny? .218
    edited November -1
    Naw, it just seems you've been avoiding my posts. I thought you were ignoring me (sniffle) 'cause you were mad at me or sumpthin'. Glad yer not. Good luck at the show this weekend. (OK! Where the heck is that smiley face button on my keyboard!?!?!)
    edited November -1
    Hi BeeKeep, I just picked Gordian Blade cause I liked the sound of it, like the blade that cut the Gordian Knot. And it has the same initials as my name in real life. Or, maybe this is real life?Anyway, to answer your questions, I've been to the Naples area many times. My wife and I have a one-week time-share condo on the beach and we also have relatives. I'll be down for only a short time this trip, only a few days with two job interviews lined up so far. But if I have time I'd like to stop by and say howdy. Some day I hope I can take you up on the fishing, but to warn you in advance the fish love me because I'm a jinx.
  • DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BeeKeeper Give me directions from I-75 I live in Gainesville I'm going to see my mother in Naples on Saturday.BTW My 219 zipper is stay'n HOME!
    edited November -1
    DENWA:Head south to Naples,exits 15-Davis BLVD(Alligator Alley),16=Pine Ridge RoadDang,you`ll be here when I`m in Lakeland..I would have liked meeting you..isn`t that the way it usually go`s?By the way,my great grandfather was the first postmaster up that way,arount FT White,and High Springs..218
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Gotta go load up,see ya next week..218