In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

poof ??

REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Proof of God post gone, just when it was getting good. Dunno if it was Mr. Nunn, but if so, is this the end of posts with religous overtones? Sad to see it gone, I was checking this board 3-4x a night to see what was new on that post. It didn't bother me because the post's name told me what to expect, unlike some that have turned into religious discussions. What do y'all think, religion in or out of discussions?
Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.

Comments

• Options
    oldsoldiersneverdieoldsoldiersneverdie Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hmmmm, Nunn is acting like a Klinton operative. What's up, Nunn?Oh, I see, when it comes to God, there'll be Nunn of that, heh?
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum (don't let the bastards get you down).
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    It is just one of those subjects for which there is no resolution. Very little middle ground. Those on either end are generally vehement and unmovable.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda like gun control, eh, David?
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Freedom of speach until it goes against the moderators choice of beliefs? Then poof? Looks kinda like intolerance to me! I expected better.SeeYa!!
    Freedom is not free,what have YOU done to support it?
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn.....I'mwichu!!!Mudge the agnos....never mind
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-21-2001).]
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, Why did you have to delete it?!Just because YOU don't think there is any proof doesn't mean others won't know of any. Shame on you Nunn. You may have just robbed someone of a chance to change their outlook on things. I BELIEVE there is a god, ideas such as in my deleted post are my foundation, but if someone can challenge those ideas in ways that make sense I would be apt to change my view on things. I think it was wrong and haughty of you to delete a post which contained no profanity and followed the Gun Broker guidelines simply because YOU think there is no solution...Monkey the disgusted...Ps. I have no doubt you'll delete this too
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey, you damn well you won't get an answer ... that I have "faith" in.
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm disappointed too. It's not easy to find people who are willing (or able) to discuss the subject intelligently.I was enjoying the exchange; the crowd here, both believers and non-believers, really impress me--it's nice to be in the company of "thinkers". I think, Nunn, you are being a poor "moderator" in deleting the post. The exchange of comments was within the Forum's guidelines; if discussion about the subject of "God" is not going to be allowed, then perhaps it should be made official and stated explicitly in the rules.Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nunn....I repeat.....I'mwichu. I must disagree with those who say it was "just getting interesting". It was the same old..same old. Mudge the ...you know
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-21-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mudge,I don't remember you adding any intelligent conversation to the debate however since the posts disappeared so quickly I have no way of knowing. If you think its the "same old..." stuff, then don't read it. Hopefully Nunn will agree with everything you post or your thread is likely to disappear as well.
    "Mommy said there were no real monsters but there are..."
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, nunn has been doing a great job as moderator of this forum for a long time. When he closes a post it usually is at just the right time to prevent things from getting too ugly. On the few times he has permitted things to get out of hand I think we all regret that the post wasn't closed earlier. I'm not sure that there is anyone of us who would choose to take his job AND having taken it could do a better job. My thanks to you nunn. Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Super......Nothing intelligent? I recall one of the "believers" pretty much telling us "non-believers" that we "couldn't possibly NOT believe in a higher power". When someone starts telling me what I can and cannot believe, regardless of the subject, that person is not engaging in debate. He is then trying to FORCE his opinion on me. I DO NOT react well to to anyone who tries to tell me what I can and cannot believe. I reserve the right to make that decision myself.Mudge the forgiving
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudge,I thought you were not even going to open a post that dealt with the subject of God or religion?And wasn't your thread, where you made that comment, deleted too?__________________________beach,Nunn did not "close" the thread (which I would have found less objectionable), he deleted it.Generally, I would have to agree, Nunn does a good job at moderating. Case in point, I normally don't use profanity and don't like "gutter talk"--and wouldn't visit these forums if such was allowed here, and Nunn does a good job in that regard. But I think on the thread in question (and on others too) Nunn has let certain personal beliefs interfere with his ability to be a good objective moderator.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Competentone......I wasn't.Mudge the curious
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comp, you hit the nail on the head with your last line. Might seem like we're ganging up on nunn, and I suppose we are. Then again, being able to delete people's words is a powerful tool, and the person who wields it should expect some feedback. I appreciate the work you do, nunn, but in this case I think you screwed up.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn I thought it was a good post ,But you are the supreme being on this board.I sure dont wont your job.I feal you used your best judgment,and thats plenty good for me. Monkey i was really impressed with some of your points.Wish I could express deep thoughts with your ability. To the rest of you,What ever you beleve,I hope you have a good thanksgiving
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ? Is that "mudge the curmudgeon"?Smoky.... the curious
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mudge,I believe I said something to the effect of... "How can anyone look at intelligent design and not know that it has an intelligent creator?". "Nothing intelligent?" - That is correct. You were more focused on the way I initially expressed myself rather than countering the points I made. I sincerely doubt I would have the ability to "force" you to believe anything. I can try to convince you but whether or not you play the game is entirely up to you.Monkey the MiscreantPs. To err is human, Nunn is an excellent moderator.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!I love you all.GROUP HUG!!!!
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ummm, in case y'all haven't noticed, nunn's signature line contains the comment, "Jesus is Lord!" Seems a little silly to claim he's anti-religious. Nunn, good job, wouldn't/couldn't do it.
  • Options
    hyperspacehyperspace Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, if they're giving TX cops sensitvity training, I might have to move...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You mean where we pull off our shirts and hug?
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn,That was a little to graphic for me ...As much as I like you guys, I'm out on Nunn's suggestion ...HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of this days is goin to be as hard to prove the existance of Liverty ,freedom andthe US constitution as is to prove the existance of GOD ,Angels and UFO'S.
    I judge Thee!, Not for what you are , but for what you say !
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Judge,you seem to spell "liverty"exactly like another dude that used to hang out here..218